Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 8:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the statement "Claims demand evidence" always true?
RE: Is the statement "Claims demand evidence" always true?
(December 19, 2016 at 8:43 pm)Mudhammam Wrote:
(December 19, 2016 at 12:03 pm)Emjay Wrote: @mud. I'm not sure I can answer your previous post in five thousand words or less, figuratively if not literally speaking; it would be a long post. So since I'm currently sleep-deprived and playing a Mafia game that's taking up all my time and energy, do you mind if I wait until the game is over, or at least until I'm out of it and rested, before I reply? I'm enjoying our conversation but these sorts of posts take me hours to write, and on top of a mafia game, it's really hard work. So if you're willing to postpone continuation of this discussion for a week or so, that would be much appreciated Smile But in the meantime, if you want to understand my perspective on mind/body/reality/neuroscience in detail... the thinking behind my first post in this thread among other things... then I'd recommend reading the "Seeing Red" thread in this, the Philosophy, forum. It was a very involved and thorough discussion - principally between me, bennyboy, Rhythm, Jormungandr, and ChatWooters - on these questions, with many multi-hour posts, and as far as I was concerned was an absolute goldmine of insight. And this discussion here with you feels pleasantly reminiscent of it Smile
No worries, man. Threads tend to be like universes, in that a single topic slowly evolves into many, many different strains of thought. And since I'm the OP, like Yahweh I take it personally upon myself to respond to each member, which I admit, can sometimes be overwhelming.

No, I'm just bullshitting. But it really did take me like 2 hours to type out that reply yesterday, so I'm good with a break. Maybe we can try to focus on one or two of the core issues if or when we decide to resume it.

Cool, I'll see you in about a week then Smile you enjoy u our break too Wink

And yeah, when I come back to it I'll try and focus on the core issues and get my posts more concise (rather than for instance giving a point by point analysis of neuroscience as I see it... which is a guaranteed page filler Wink). It's just difficult because mind and brain are very highly correlated in my view of the world, so talking about one is essentially talking about the other. But I'll leave discussion of that till when we resume Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the statement "Claims demand evidence" always true? - by emjay - December 19, 2016 at 9:08 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greek philosophers always knew about the causeless universe Interaktive 10 1319 September 25, 2022 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Why is murder wrong if Many Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics is true? FlatAssembler 52 3944 August 7, 2022 at 8:51 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How To Tell What Is True From What Is Untrue. redpill 39 3676 December 28, 2019 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Is this Quite by Kenneth Boulding True Rhondazvous 11 1550 August 6, 2019 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Alan V
Video Neurosurgeon Provides Evidence Against Materialism Guard of Guardians 41 4337 June 17, 2019 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  The Philosophy of Mind: Zombies, "radical emergence" and evidence of non-experiential Edwardo Piet 82 12062 April 29, 2018 at 1:57 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Testimony is Evidence RoadRunner79 588 117108 September 13, 2017 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Astonished
Video Do we live in a universe where theism is likely true? (video) Angrboda 36 11428 May 28, 2017 at 1:53 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Is it true that there is no absolute morality? WisdomOfTheTrees 259 25731 March 23, 2017 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Anecdotal Evidence RoadRunner79 395 52584 December 14, 2016 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb