Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 7:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the statement "Claims demand evidence" always true?
RE: Is the statement "Claims demand evidence" always true?
The definition of truth given in the system we call logic...is word salad?  I think we may have isolated the disconnect, lol.  

Microscopes wont change the tabletop, it's not a power that they possess.  Just because the qualities you refer to as smooth and flat turn out to be something other than what you thought they were...doesn't make those qualities go poof in a puff of bad logic.  

The truth value of a singular, non equivocated statement is dependant upon nothing other than the soundness of the propositions, and the validity of the argument. The minute you tell me that the truth value of some singular statement is dependant on context you have openly acknowledged your equivocation. To whit, the misleading or confusing use of one term, or set of terms with two or more meanings....or, you know...truth-in-context.

You ask, for example, "am I running around the corner"....and I'm supposed to fucking intuit whether or not you mean you, or your ingame avatar, lol?  

You talk about physics as in..you know, actual physics, and physics, as in game programming, and I'm supposed to intuit which you mean (though, you really seemed to think there were seperate physics).

Then, you treat these seperate questions, these seperate meanings of some term x as though they were interchangeable, and respond to an asnwer of one with, "nuh uh, what about the other".

Do you see it now?

Hey, here's a q for you that might actually take us somewhere.  Are you trying to draw a line from epistemic contextualism, to something?  That would give us a shortcut passed whatever communicative difficulties we're having.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the statement "Claims demand evidence" always true? - by The Grand Nudger - January 12, 2017 at 11:02 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greek philosophers always knew about the causeless universe Interaktive 10 1319 September 25, 2022 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Why is murder wrong if Many Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics is true? FlatAssembler 52 3944 August 7, 2022 at 8:51 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How To Tell What Is True From What Is Untrue. redpill 39 3676 December 28, 2019 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Is this Quite by Kenneth Boulding True Rhondazvous 11 1550 August 6, 2019 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Alan V
Video Neurosurgeon Provides Evidence Against Materialism Guard of Guardians 41 4337 June 17, 2019 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  The Philosophy of Mind: Zombies, "radical emergence" and evidence of non-experiential Edwardo Piet 82 12061 April 29, 2018 at 1:57 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Testimony is Evidence RoadRunner79 588 117108 September 13, 2017 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Astonished
Video Do we live in a universe where theism is likely true? (video) Angrboda 36 11427 May 28, 2017 at 1:53 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Is it true that there is no absolute morality? WisdomOfTheTrees 259 25730 March 23, 2017 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Anecdotal Evidence RoadRunner79 395 52581 December 14, 2016 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb