Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 12:40 am

Poll: Labor Unions - are you for or against it and why?
This poll is closed.
I support it
90.32%
28 90.32%
I oppose it
9.68%
3 9.68%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Labor Unions - are you for or against it and why?
RE: Labor Unions - are you for or against it and why?
(August 4, 2011 at 3:01 pm)bozo Wrote: I must have gone away when this thread started. Obviously I am pro-union.
All of the benefits the worker anywhere in the world has managed to win has been through struggle and through acting collectively and not as a result of largesse on the part of the employer.
Unions, Strong Unions are vital to stop exploitation of the workforce.
It amazes me that any worker would choose not to be part of the Union, if only for the selfish reason of protection and support if the employer wrongs him/her. I support the idea of the " closed shop " where a Union has sole representation rights at a business. ( for those that don't know, this means you MUST be in the Union to work there ). I resent " freeloaders " who will not join the Union, not take industrial action when agreed and yet are happy to take any gains made by their fellow workers acting in unity.
" Workers of the world unite! " as Marx so inspiringly put it.
Quote: I resent " freeloaders " who will not join the Union, not take industrial action when agreed and yet are happy to take any gains made by their fellow workers acting in unity.
Indeed. Not only that, but they're also the same ones who will assist company management in illegal activity to discourage the union organizing process... and as you stated, they'll happily share in the gains made by those who struggled for the union effort. I am a proud supporter of the AFL-CIO / RWDSU.

"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Labor Unions - are you for or against it and why? - by A Theist - August 4, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 dollar stands firmly against 1 hryvnia. Why? Interaktive 6 423 June 23, 2021 at 5:00 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Trump labor pick Pizella promoted sweatshops. The Industrial Atheist 9 975 August 24, 2017 at 11:15 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Why oh why are people on the righ so against LGBT folk? NuclearEnergy 10 2022 July 26, 2017 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Why is the Democratic Party against the only person who could save them? Mystical 63 16276 June 3, 2017 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  This Is What You're Up Against With Drumpfucks Minimalist 20 2604 March 18, 2017 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Do you know why wars happens and why middle east is robbed? Safirno 12 2168 July 9, 2016 at 11:48 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Remember Progressives.... This Is What You Are Defending Against Minimalist 19 2716 May 27, 2016 at 2:28 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Just another reason why I'm against guns. Foxaèr 12 1525 May 12, 2016 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Secular reasons for and against legalising abortion Dolorian 80 10760 October 29, 2014 at 11:35 am
Last Post: Cato
  Happy Labor Day Minimalist 0 550 September 1, 2014 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: Minimalist