Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 18, 2024, 7:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Occupy wallstreet demands
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands
Quote:Kilic, you do not get it. The economy is in the toilet. There are NO jobs. It doesn't matter how fit you are for the job if there is NO job. Oddly enough, I am qualified to do several different things. The people I have worked with in all but the business I am in right now are having hard times finding jobs. When cooks and welders are having a hard time finding work, you know something is wrong.
If that's the case, there isn't something that you, or anyone else can do about it.
Unless you inject more and more money into the economy that will pay for the people who work to earn that money, and if those workers actually allow the employer to actually earn some profits, only then, you'll have some sort of a permanent job.
And that's one big if.
There is nothing, nothing that the government, or banks can do to help you find a job, unless the government opens government owned enterprises, which gives jobs to qualified people that want work.
Of course, you might not earn as much as in the private sector maybe, but at least you have a permanent job(unless the government decides on privatizing it).

Quote:You are not understanding this. at. all. Counsel cannot tell if a business is going to collapse in four years. There are many circumstances that dictate whether a booming industry will keep booming. A school counselor isn't going to always be able to predict the job market.
Well, if you work in such a highly specialized branch, like enough to get you without a job for a long long time since there are no alternatives you can apply to...But the downhill of a single company, or business cannot actually render you without the possibility of finding a job ever.
Quote:What if you didn't know, silly? That is the point. Besides, degrees like, "African-American studies" are typically supportive of a narrow career goal, not career goals in and of themselves.
And that's the point. The narrow career goal actually leads to nowhere.
Quote:It doesn't matter how involved your parents are. You could train to be a gynecologist and then have all of the women on the planet disappear tomorrow. I realize that is far-fetched, but I am having trouble getting this point through to you. The job market issue in the United States has fuckall to do with what kids are choosing to study.
Well, that's generally not the case most of the time.
Quote:And the demand for that kind of work could strangle unexpectedly, leaving you with your dick in your hand, just like any other business.
You're not talking based on any data or facts. It's highly unlikely that the demand for historians is going to rise up any time soon, or the demand for engineers is going downhill.
Engineers are used in a variety of fields, most of which are too important for our society to actually allow for you to stand there, doing nothing.
At least that's the case for developed countries.
Quote:Honestly, there must be some communication breakdown going on here. That is not the problem. It is difficult to profit in this economy.
Well, that probably is the case why people are holding on to their money.
Besides, how exactly are you going to make things more profitable?
As I said, things are hard for most small businesses in North America, since worldwide corporations generally hail from there..The USA is heaven for Monopolies, and the places which haven't been monopolized yet are still contested on by larger corporations who generally try to outdo eachother.
Quote:Oh, for pity's sake. If people are not buying, no one can sell. NO. ONE.
Okay..But you see, that's a dead end. There isn't really something that can be done. IF you mean by "people are not buying" like they have no disposable income for that, it's a different issue, but if you mean that people are already buying whatever service that business is providing from somewhere else, than yeah.
As I said, opening a business holds great risks, unless you provide general services as well as to compete with others in the area.
Quote:Yes, and they are also credit cards in their own right.
I thought that credit cards are only cards that use the money of the bank which you pay off later with interest. I mean, we use the word for credit cards to denote such ones. Not the ones that access your own deposits in the bank.
Quote:Because I have to.
You mean you do not have the money available?
Quote:Holy fucking simple, batman. It's not that I do not have the money and must use a credit card. It is that I cannot pay for the service without a credit card. They will not let you. Even if I used a bank card, I would have to use a bank, which was your initial point. You said something like, "People choose to use the banks." I NEED a bank account to do my job, pay for things, etc.
I think we have a problem in terms of communication. I couldn't really understand what you mean by credit cards. Do you mean those that are tied to your deposits, or like the ones that have limits and chips and all that..
Quote:That's nice for you. You do not have to have a credit card, apparently.
Well, I only have one card that I use to take money from my bank account. Not to actually use a credit card as something that allows me to use "credits" which I have to repay later.
Quote:There are plenty of people there who have jobs!! Seriously, what are you on about if you have no clue what is going on? I apologize, but it really seems like you have no fucking clue what OWS is about or about the people protesting.
I seriously doubt that the people at OWS know it themselves.
If it were just because the banks were bailed out from the crisis, they should have done it back then.
Quote:Haha, that's funny.
The USA is not some sort of a banana state. I thought that the law has word there.
Quote:You missed the point. It is not about gambling. It is about state law vs. federal law. I don't give a shit about gambling or whether it is legal. It was an example, nothing more. Unfortunately, all it did was derail the conversation.
But since the state laws cannot actually subdue federal laws, how do you actually expect different results?
Quote:Obviously not.
Yeah.
Quote:Regional with limited federal interference.
Well, what exactly are the limits you have in mind?
Quote:I'm sorry. This is getting frustrating. Small business has not "passed" in the U.S. You see them all the time. It just getting harder for them to succeed and grow.
Well, whatever works fine, are probably things that do not offer basic services. Like restaurants, pubs, discos, hairdressers and etc.
I don't think a grocery store can actully make any money with a walmart in front of it.
Quote:Oh, my fucking Gandalf. The cash prizes *ahem* bailouts were public. What the companies did with the money only came out after people looked into it.
Well, what exactly did they do with it?
Quote:Our politicians are big business owners, in many cases. What do you think?
Well, not much. It's you, who vote for them. On paper, everyone can become a candidate. However, these have the time and money to publicize themselves. Why doesn't anyone else ask themselves the question, why are our politicians made up from business owners?
Well,you are all pondering on issues like abortion, that's probably why.
And about the stance of your business owning politicians who probably couldn't give a damn if some teen-mom in a depraved neighborhood gets her baby sucked out of her.

[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?

Messages In This Thread
Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 18, 2011 at 11:28 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Minimalist - November 18, 2011 at 12:27 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 18, 2011 at 9:02 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by paintpooper - November 21, 2011 at 5:49 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by theVOID - November 21, 2011 at 9:04 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by paintpooper - November 18, 2011 at 4:23 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Minimalist - November 18, 2011 at 9:10 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 18, 2011 at 9:22 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Shell B - November 19, 2011 at 1:35 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 19, 2011 at 6:37 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Zen Badger - November 19, 2011 at 6:51 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 19, 2011 at 7:02 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Shell B - November 19, 2011 at 9:54 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 20, 2011 at 12:15 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Shell B - November 20, 2011 at 5:23 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 20, 2011 at 8:56 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Anymouse - November 21, 2011 at 9:55 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Jackalope - November 21, 2011 at 11:36 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by theVOID - November 21, 2011 at 11:39 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Jackalope - November 22, 2011 at 12:58 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Phaedra - November 22, 2011 at 1:06 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Jackalope - November 22, 2011 at 1:28 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Phaedra - November 22, 2011 at 12:05 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Shell B - November 20, 2011 at 9:14 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 20, 2011 at 9:49 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Shell B - November 20, 2011 at 10:06 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 20, 2011 at 10:41 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Shell B - November 20, 2011 at 10:58 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 20, 2011 at 11:48 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Shell B - November 21, 2011 at 12:09 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 21, 2011 at 1:22 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Shell B - November 21, 2011 at 1:57 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by kılıç_mehmet - November 21, 2011 at 10:29 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Shell B - November 21, 2011 at 5:31 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Skeptical_Nurse - November 21, 2011 at 1:59 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Shell B - November 21, 2011 at 2:02 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Phaedra - November 21, 2011 at 5:01 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Jackalope - November 21, 2011 at 6:01 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Mister Agenda - November 22, 2011 at 12:57 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Jackalope - November 22, 2011 at 6:13 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Shell B - November 21, 2011 at 5:05 am
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Mister Agenda - November 21, 2011 at 3:18 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by theVOID - November 21, 2011 at 10:30 pm
RE: Occupy wallstreet demands - by Autumnlicious - November 21, 2011 at 11:59 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  occupy wall street nintendo048 23 5993 March 31, 2014 at 10:28 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Russian forces occupy the Crimea. Mr. Moncrieff 131 16787 March 20, 2014 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Democracy, religion, women and equality. Justice demands affirmative action. Greatest I am 11 7525 January 27, 2012 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Pagan/Wiccan police ask for tolerance at Occupy protests. Anymouse 0 1343 November 29, 2011 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: Anymouse
  Fox news smears occupy protestor reverendjeremiah 29 6451 November 28, 2011 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Tear gas fired at occupy Oakland. reverendjeremiah 5 1227 October 28, 2011 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Occupy Wall Street searchingforanswers 91 18667 October 13, 2011 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Occupy Wall Street Fail thesummerqueen 15 3291 October 3, 2011 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious