Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 9:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maximum server load limit.
Maximum server load limit.
Recently this message has begun to come up,and often. Refreshing the page usually fixes it.

What's the problem? Too many members trying to access,server attacks,some bug,other?
RE: Maximum server load limit.
I've been having the same issue.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
You guys should check the "Announcements" section more often Tongue

http://atheistforums.org/thread-10129.html

Short version: If you don't want to see that message anymore, donate monies so we can upgrade the server. ;-)
Oh.

You want me to give money to an internet forum? Sorry, not even in the top 100 of my financial priorities. I'll put up with it ,unless it becomes really annoying,then I'll find another forum.
Well that will be a shame. Obviously you aren't under any obligation to donate any money, though this forum has always run on donations, since we think that plastering ads all over the place is ugly. The fact remains that two years ago we were a small forum, and our current server just can't handle the increase in traffic anymore.
(December 28, 2011 at 8:56 pm)padraic Wrote: Oh.

You want me to give money to an internet forum? Sorry, not even in the top 100 of my financial priorities. I'll put up with it ,unless it becomes really annoying,then I'll find another forum.

Your funeral then.

(December 28, 2011 at 9:03 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Well that will be a shame. Obviously you aren't under any obligation to donate any money, though this forum has always run on donations, since we think that plastering ads all over the place is ugly. The fact remains that two years ago we were a small forum, and our current server just can't handle the increase in traffic anymore.

Adrian, gotta hand it to you. You managed to grow this little oasis so much that we gotta do some real expansion. Hats off.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Well like I said in the announcement, we don't really have to get a *much* better server, but if we continue to grow at the current rate, this time next year we'll have to do another upgrade. It makes sense to get a server that will last us for at least the next three years, rather than waste everyone's time by moving the site every year or so (which would involve shutting it down for a couple of days at least).

I've got a fairly decent job now, so I'm gonna try and cover as much of the cost as I can. I just hope the community can pull together as they always have and support us.
Quote:Your funeral then.

Hardly; I was being blunt/realistic not snide. This is my favourite forum,but it IS only an internet forum,one of thousands..

OF course I would like to able to donate to the forum's upkeep and am sorry I can't. My income is limited; every dollar I gave would be one dollar less for one of the charities I support.There my donations mean things such as vaccinations and life saving medical treatment.
(December 28, 2011 at 9:33 pm)padraic Wrote:
Quote:Your funeral then.

Hardly; I was being blunt/realistic not snide. This is my favourite forum,but it IS only an internet forum,one of thousands..

OF course I would like to able to donate to the forum's upkeep and am sorry I can't. My income is limited; every dollar I gave would be one dollar less for one of the charities I support.There my donations mean things such as vaccinations and life saving medical treatment.

I wouldn't question your moral identity even without this clarification. My last act of charity was when this black fellow came up to me in Albertson's parking lot and mentioned just having got out of prison. So I gave him five bucks - more than half my daily income. Which is only anecdotal evidence of the charitable nature of atheists. Wink
[Image: twQdxWW.jpg]
One night I went downtown to a restaurant I love and bought 2 quarts of their most delicious soup to take home and share with my boyfriend and kids. This homeless guy approached me as I was leaving and asked me for money to get some food. I tried to hand him a quart of soup, and he got pissed, and said, "Naw, I want some money!"

I don't hand money to homeless people anymore, for that reason, but I do donate food to food banks around town. Mostly soup.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anybody ever run Windows 10 on server hardware? popeyespappy 1 543 November 6, 2019 at 11:58 pm
Last Post: Jackalope