Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Judgement:
Judgement:
How does one judge or decide if one is immature or mature?

Is there a specific age, level of education, personal belief, understanding, or some other bench mark?
RE: Judgement:
How can we measure a cut-off point? I think life goes on and maturity increases with age, time in general and experience.

I think Bruce Lee made a great point when I read that he believed no one is mature. Because the lesson never ends.

I think you are not mature ever and if you think you are fully mature it means to some extent, that you are not. Because I think you can learn from your immaturities.

EvF
As EvF said you maybe don't get fully mature, however people can be more or less mature.

If someone have alot of experience then he is wise, which make him mature. Someone who don't have much experience is less mature.
Psychological.
(May 4, 2009 at 8:21 am)Giff Wrote: As EvF said you maybe don't get fully mature, however people can be more or less mature.

If someone hade alot of experience then he is wise, which make him mature. Someone who don't have much experience is less mature.

Well put.
(May 4, 2009 at 9:25 am)g-mark Wrote: Psychological.

Understod that so I changed my post
(May 4, 2009 at 5:50 am)g-mark Wrote: How does one judge or decide if one is immature or mature?

Is there a specific age, level of education, personal belief, understanding, or some other bench mark?

It's always relative IMO.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
(May 4, 2009 at 5:17 pm)Kyuuketsuki Wrote:
(May 4, 2009 at 5:50 am)g-mark Wrote: How does one judge or decide if one is immature or mature?

It's always relative IMO.

Kyu

It's always people that are older than you Smile
Maybe physically...not always mentally!

I mean not even always physically perhaps..if you are talking about 'biological age' and how some people develop physically before others...yeah?
I mean it's a perception thing IMO. Yeah people are thrown into situations that force them to take life more seriously than they normally would. Those are then exceptions. Some people push themselves to be serious above their age. This then begs the question what is maturity. IMO mature people aren't afraid to appear childish. There's a realisation that real maturity isn't something external.

People reach a certain level of maturity as ~25. Another benchmark I would say is at around 35. When you really don't give a shit at around 40 then maybe you've hit it. But old people (80+) can be far wiser. They see merit in the ramblings of small children.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Judgement. Mystic 24 2969 January 5, 2017 at 1:54 am
Last Post: robvalue
Question Judgement Erinome 6 2001 March 26, 2012 at 7:54 am
Last Post: Norfolk And Chance