Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 12:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slayer goes to church
Slayer goes to church
A friend of mine posted this on Facebook. It's too funny not to share. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF-10c261...e=youtu.be
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

RE: Slayer goes to church
So much wasted energy, we're talking gigajoules here!
Moshpit for Jesus!
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Atleast they holy ghost dance better than white people.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
That is creepy as hell.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
It would be creepy if not for the death metal music... I think if I ever found myself in one of those churches I'd be extremely uncomfortable.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Why does everyone on Youtube think everyone wants to hear their stupid-ass rock song. I know it's related to the video, but it's still "ugh, not another one!" Like when I'm watching a tutorial on Youtube about how to do an effect in Adobe Premiere I don't want to hear your fucking favorite metal band! It just doesn't fit with the goddamn video! Ranting
"Sisters, you know only the north; I have traveled in the south lands. There are churches there, believe me, that cut their children too, as the people of Bolvangar did--not in the same way, but just as horribly. They cut their sexual organs, yes, both boys and girls; they cut them with knives so that they shan't feel. That is what the Church does, and every church is the same: control, destroy, obliterate every good feeling. So if a war comes, and the Church is on one side of it, we must be on the other, no matter what strange allies we find ourselves bound to."

-Ruta Skadi, The Subtle Knife
So THATs why Christians never really liked rock music! It must've made them go into a weird dancing frenzy! Big Grin
"There are two things that are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
(January 24, 2012 at 5:39 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: It would be creepy if not for the death metal music... I think if I ever found myself in one of those churches I'd be extremely uncomfortable.

Me too.

I once went to a Pentacostal revival. (I went with a young woman whose panties I wanted badly to remove).

People were dropping like flies, being "slain in the spirit" (that's when the pastor gives you an almighty shove on the forehead and you fall down)
PLUS people were talking and SINGING in tongues all over the place.

A we were leaving,she was glowing,obviously in another world.She asked breathlessly "Well, what did you think of THAT?"

Being young and stupid, I just HAD to be fucking honest didn't I. So I said "that was the most remarkable example of mass hypnosis I've ever seen"

No panty removal for me.
Meh, she probably wouldn't have dropped them unless you got married to her anyway, and then probably only missionary with the goal of getting pregnant.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1270 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Who goes to hell - as far as those pious Bible Christians are concerned? Dundee 71 6763 June 14, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Church of England vs Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints vorlon13 13 4164 April 3, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Washington Post Tries To Help Out Creatards and Ken Ham goes ballistic. Minimalist 12 3063 January 1, 2017 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Josh Feuerstein goes on TV and gets roasted. TheRocketSurgeon 28 6517 September 27, 2015 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Does Calvinism make the most sense as far as Christianity Goes? The Batlord 63 17043 August 16, 2015 at 10:14 am
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink
  'Drich, which of the millions of different christian denominations goes to Heaven?' Drich 208 38635 January 23, 2015 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  The Most Repulsive Xtian Fundie Award Goes To... Godlesspanther 24 6997 December 19, 2013 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: ronedee
  Church update:children's church k2490 15 10555 June 26, 2013 at 7:59 am
Last Post: Rahul
  Oldest known Bible goes online KichigaiNeko 29 8808 June 17, 2013 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist