Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Church of England vs Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Church of England vs Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Watching The Tudors on Ovation again, and paying more attention to the gestation of the Church of England.  Granted the series takes liberty with history (composite characters, reordering of events, retconning)  but the broader portrayal of the schism, and acknowledging the influence of early Protestant reforms like Luther, leads to some curious thoughts about the legitimacy of the Church of England.

And then I consider my favorite American false religion, Mormonism, and I gotta pose a question:

Between the Church of England (and throw in the Anglicans too) and the Church of Latter Day Saints (the Mormons) which of the 2 is MORE obviously a false religion ??

Hands down, 6 months ago I would have said the Mormons, but damn, the Church of England is breathing down their necks !!

Church of England is just dripping, oozing, and pustulating  falseness.  I note Henry is a conniving low life, and a conniving low life becoming more and more the equal of that horn dog and charlatan Joe Smith.

Cromwell is hysterically funny if you think about it, he isn't pious or 'Godly' (whatever that means, LOL) and despite Anne almost being a 'prime mover' (tee hee) in gestating an illegitimate faith, she still lost her head.

I realize the quantization of falsity is a tricky thing, but think about it, Church of England, or Latter Day Saints, which is obviously the bigger con job ???
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: Church of England vs Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
It's very hard to beat out an 1830's concoction by a convicted criminal when it comes to phoniness.
but damn, man, the Church of England really put the surplice to the mitre in just kludging together an unholy cluster fuck.

And it goes back and forth too, Henry punted his schism, his daughter, bloody Mary tried REAL hard to murder everything back the way it was in favor of the papists, and failed !!

The roots of our English church are just a festering gob of ungodly . . .

um . .

festeringness.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(March 30, 2017 at 4:05 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Watching The Tudors on Ovation again, and paying more attention to the gestation of the Church of England.  Granted the series takes liberty with history (composite characters, reordering of events, retconning)  but the broader portrayal of the schism, and acknowledging the influence of early Protestant reforms like Luther, leads to some curious thoughts about the legitimacy of the Church of England.

And then I consider my favorite American false religion, Mormonism, and I gotta pose a question:

Between the Church of England (and throw in the Anglicans too) and the Church of Latter Day Saints (the Mormons) which of the 2 is MORE obviously a false religion ??

Hands down, 6 months ago I would have said the Mormons, but damn, the Church of England is breathing down their necks !!

Church of England is just dripping, oozing, and pustulating  falseness.  I note Henry is a conniving low life, and a conniving low life becoming more and more the equal of that horn dog and charlatan Joe Smith.

Cromwell is hysterically funny if you think about it, he isn't pious or 'Godly' (whatever that means, LOL) and despite Anne almost being a 'prime mover' (tee hee) in gestating an illegitimate faith, she still lost her head.

I realize the quantization of falsity is a tricky thing, but think about it, Church of England, or Latter Day Saints, which is obviously the bigger con job ???

I think my greatest interaction with the church of England is with you b-holes. I see heavy legalism and R/C type of keep your head down and follow tradition.

The Mormons however I have had to fend off several times with my sister, as she tends to like the nutter version of God. That old south park episode tends to ground people if they haven't yet drank the koolaide.

If they have.. most don't care. they are there for the community not doctrine.
Quote:The Mormons however I have had to fend off several times with my sister, as she tends to like the nutter version of God.

I'm sure you fail to grasp the irony there.
(April 1, 2017 at 11:50 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:The Mormons however I have had to fend off several times with my sister, as she tends to like the nutter version of God.

I'm sure you fail to grasp the irony there.

Isn't your linking Drich and the concept of "grasp" an even greater irony?

Angel
I'm sure he grasps his pecker on a regular basis.
It is hard to grasp something that needs a tweezer to pick up.
Well, if it comes to a street fight, my money's on C of E. An angry Anglican will fuck you up.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Kings consolidating earthly power for themselves is less strange than inheriting your own planet postmortem.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To Atheists: Who, in your opinion, was Jesus Christ? JJoseph 50 1853 January 9, 2024 at 4:28 am
Last Post: no one
  The power of Christ... zwanzig 60 4035 August 30, 2023 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Jesus Christ is the Beast 666 Satan Emerald_Eyes_Esoteric 36 7915 December 18, 2022 at 10:33 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Creating Christ JML 26 3041 September 29, 2022 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  So has Christ returned TheClearCleanStuff 31 3153 May 20, 2022 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  CHRIST THE KICKER…… BrianSoddingBoru4 15 1391 January 3, 2022 at 10:00 am
Last Post: brewer
  CHRIST THE KILLER..... ronedee 31 3350 December 26, 2021 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1239 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
Rainbow Why I believe in Jesus Christ Ai Somoto 20 2769 June 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Sinning, as Jesus and the church say, is good. Turn or burn Christians. Greatest I am 71 5456 October 20, 2020 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger