Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about Rastafari Movement
Wink 
Question about Rastafari Movement
i listen to reggae and i hear about babylon and zion all the time and they sing about rastafari movement i already read about this religion but i dont get it.
can someone tell me on short what is that religion about.?

thanks
mitja FSM Grin
Not sure If Atheist,Or just Reasonable!

WARNING: If you arent an atheist you will not be tolerated by this user Wink Shades
RE: Question about Rastafari Movement
It's a Jamaican excuse to get stoned. It's got something to do with worshiping Haile Selassie of Ethiopia.

I do love Jamaican coffee, though.
(January 27, 2012 at 2:18 pm)Minimalist Wrote: It's a Jamaican excuse to get stoned. It's got something to do with worshiping Haile Selassie of Ethiopia.

fer enough but i dont see any problem at smoking weed

WARNING: If you arent an atheist you will not be tolerated by this user Wink Shades
(January 27, 2012 at 2:12 pm)Mitja Wrote: i listen to reggae and i hear about babylon and zion all the time and they sing about rastafari movement i already read about this religion but i dont get it.

thanks
mitja FSM Grin

Here are some points:
* Haile Selassie (one-time ruler of Ethiopia) is the Messiah.
* No Red meat or salt. (Ital diet)
* Babylon=White Supremacist Power Structure
* Black Africans are the descendants of the 12 Tribes of Israel.
* Zion= utopia.
* Black Pride.
* The official language is called Iyaric. Think of it as being like Heaven-O taken beyond the impossible.

Look for more info on Wikipedia.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
well im 51,3% black
im an vegetarian
i hate white power
but i dont beleave in god so rastafari isnt for me :/
------------------------------------------------------------

but thanks for the replay

You hate white powder? What about flour? How do you bake?

Tongue
Cunt
(January 27, 2012 at 2:29 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(January 27, 2012 at 2:12 pm)Mitja Wrote: i listen to reggae and i hear about babylon and zion all the time and they sing about rastafari movement i already read about this religion but i dont get it.

thanks
mitja FSM Grin

Here are some points:
* Haile Selassie (one-time ruler of Ethiopia) is the Messiah.
* No Red meat or salt. (Ital diet)
* Babylon=White Supremacist Power Structure
* Black Africans are the descendants of the 12 Tribes of Israel.
* Zion= utopia.
* Black Pride.
* The official language is called Iyaric. Think of it as being like Heaven-O taken beyond the impossible.

Look for more info on Wikipedia.

p.s i edited your signature

[Image: mybanner4a5bf6f1f1d17.png]

(January 27, 2012 at 4:05 pm)frankiej Wrote: You hate white powder? What about flour? How do you bake?

Tongue

i bake with black powder
[Image: u-mad-bro-nah-u-just-jelly.png]
Tongue

(January 27, 2012 at 2:18 pm)Minimalist Wrote: It's a Jamaican excuse to get stoned. It's got something to do with worshiping Haile Selassie of Ethiopia.
Being probably the only person around with direct experience of that, I thought I would have to come in and explain it, but pretty much yeah. I couldn't have explained it better myself.
"Sisters, you know only the north; I have traveled in the south lands. There are churches there, believe me, that cut their children too, as the people of Bolvangar did--not in the same way, but just as horribly. They cut their sexual organs, yes, both boys and girls; they cut them with knives so that they shan't feel. That is what the Church does, and every church is the same: control, destroy, obliterate every good feeling. So if a war comes, and the Church is on one side of it, we must be on the other, no matter what strange allies we find ourselves bound to."

-Ruta Skadi, The Subtle Knife
Weed could seriously hurt someone...

if a 10 pound brick of it were to fall off the roof of a building and hit them in the head.

But you're right. There's nothing wrong with smoking it. It's a stupid taboo. My best friend lived with HIV for 19 years after being diagnosed, and I believe he was so healthy for so long because of his daily marijuana use. He was never on prescription meds. Just a steady flow of pot smoke and ice cream with candy in it.

Hey, I just LOVE Rastafarianism, mon! It really inspired me, in 1968! So I was a ready convert. Jumped in with both feet. Didn't pick up everything, mind! I got rid of the complicated 'tings, like dreadlocks and slang. And I was left with the ganja... Great religion! Never looked back! Big Grin

And now, after my 40+ years of pious observance, it turns out, scientifically, that

THC is an excellent long term carcinogen inhibitor

Rastafarianism vindicated! I couldn't be happier!

Of course the establishment, especially the US establishment, doesn't like their precious war on drugs, their well-paid judges', lawyers', and cops' jobs, and their lucrative 3 million inmate prison industry threatened. Or the highly overpaid jobs and incomes associated with cancer-related pharmacology and medicine.

So the 'Legalize' campaign will be an uphill struggle for while to come, I'm afraid. Too many powerful 'special interests' with too much to lose.

But science is our friend!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Movement Is Spreading! Minimalist 0 574 August 23, 2016 at 2:17 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Purity Movement Nope 46 8105 December 25, 2014 at 10:22 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Atheism and the Interfaith Movement My imaginary friend is GOD 9 2858 February 12, 2013 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: My imaginary friend is GOD