Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Effects Of Thoughts And Words On Water
Question 
Effects Of Thoughts And Words On Water
http://www.spiritofmaat.com/archive/aug1...water.html

Quote:-Water from clear mountain springs and streams has beautifully formed crystalline structures, while the crystals of polluted or stagnant water are deformed and distorted.
-When water samples are bombarded with heavy metal music or labeled with negative words, or when negative thoughts and emotions are focused intentionally upon them, the water does not form crystals at all and displays chaotic, fragmented structures.
"There are two things that are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
RE: Effects Of Thoughts And Words On Water
Isn't there something similar with Iron filings?
Sorry mate...couldn't find the Fern pics made from sound (nothing "spiritual" about it) but you might like to start here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgCF8gx6F...re=related

http://www.factum-arte.com/eng/audio_works.asp

http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/jw/chladni.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_Chladni

http://www.physics.utoronto.ca/~nonlin/chladni.html

[Image: chladni_patterns.jpg]
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(February 1, 2012 at 12:08 am)Atharonis Wrote: http://www.spiritofmaat.com/archive/aug1...water.html

Quote:-Water from clear mountain springs and streams has beautifully formed crystalline structures, while the crystals of polluted or stagnant water are deformed and distorted.
-When water samples are bombarded with heavy metal music or labeled with negative words, or when negative thoughts and emotions are focused intentionally upon them, the water does not form crystals at all and displays chaotic, fragmented structures.

I found that link to be too spiritual and 'hippy' for my liking. Water is water, 2 parts hydrogen, 1 part oxygen.

No amount of feeling or emotion will change the fundamental structure of a water molecule.

The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true - Carl Sagan
Quote:I found that link to be too spiritual and 'hippy' for my liking.

Me, too. I'm not going to believe that exposing my glass of water to rock music/taping the words "You Fool" will taint it or do anything else of the sort... though the experiment was pretty interesting to say the least.
"There are two things that are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
lol, Ramtha assures you of this OP?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I guess as my name suggests I am a very sceptical person. Certainly when it comes to ideas and notions that defy logic and reason. Can't remember who said it but 'extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence'!!
The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true - Carl Sagan
(February 1, 2012 at 12:08 am)Atharonis Wrote: -Water from clear mountain springs and streams has beautifully formed crystalline structures, while the crystals of polluted or stagnant water are deformed and distorted.

Well that's to be expected there. Polluted water would contain a lot of other stuff. You don't need anything other than pure science to explain that one.

Quote:-When water samples are bombarded with heavy metal music or labeled with negative words, or when negative thoughts and emotions are focused intentionally upon them, the water does not form crystals at all and displays chaotic, fragmented structures.
[/quote]

Why would water perceive heavy metal music to be "negative"?

It probably has more to do with the characteristics of the sound waves. Heavy metal music probably jostles things around a lot especially if it's turned up loud.

As far as merely labeling water with negative names having an effect on how it forms crystals, I'd have to reproduce that experiment myself before I would believe it.

So you're telling me that if I fill a bunch of vials with water from a single source. Randomly label them all, some with labels that I consider to be cheerful and loving, and some with labels that I consider to be derogatory and hateful. Then after freezing these vials I'll actually see a scientific difference in the crystals form, and that this is a repeatable and convincing experiment?

I seriously doubt that.

Like I say, I'd have to do this experiment myself to believe it. And even then results would need to be convincing, not just slightly statistically skewed based on my subjective judgment of whether or not the crystals appear to be "well-formed".

Some of these experiments are actually performed by people who themselves subjectively assess their own data with a preconceived result in mind. So they tend to fudge the data in favor of the results they'd like to get. That's extremely easy and tempting to do even for the most serious and devoted unbiased scientist. Humans tend to do that sort of thing even subconsciously without even meaning to.

When someone wins a Nobel prize for something like this, give me a holler.

Christian - A moron who believes that an all-benevolent God can simultaneously be a hateful jealous male-chauvinistic pig.
Wiccan - The epitome of cerebral evolution having mastered the magical powers of the universe and is in eternal harmony with the mind of God.
Atheist - An ill-defined term that means something different to everyone who uses it.
~~~~~
Luke 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
Clearly Jesus (a fictitious character or otherwise) will forgive people if they merely know not what they do
For the Bible Tells us so!
(February 1, 2012 at 12:08 am)Atharonis Wrote: http://www.spiritofmaat.com/archive/aug1...water.html

I suspect minds which believe the above are stagnant, deformed and distorted, and displays chaotic, fragmented structures

Of course completely pure water will have different ice crystal structures than polluted, dirty water, since the contaminants may change the structure of the ice crystals. But saying that prayer or good thoughts will change the structure is just a bunch of woo.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(February 1, 2012 at 6:28 pm)MrSkeptic Wrote: I guess as my name suggests I am a very sceptical person. Certainly when it comes to ideas and notions that defy logic and reason. Can't remember who said it but 'extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence'!!

Carl Sagan said that, from the television series Cosmos. I fell in love with him the moment I heard his speech on Earth and humanity. Ever since I became obsessed over him.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on the state of science nowadays? Macoleco 19 2945 April 1, 2023 at 5:54 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Body Of Water Discovered On Mars A Theist 4 960 July 26, 2018 at 6:32 am
Last Post: A Theist
  Thoughts on competition drfuzzy 8 1487 January 10, 2016 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  My thoughts on Thorium dyresand 2 748 December 23, 2015 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  how to solve the fresh water problem, clean energy rising seas all by digging a ditch Drich 28 5099 December 18, 2015 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Etymology of words rado84 3 1340 July 14, 2015 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Thoughts on a multiverse/consciousness Gessle 32 6545 February 14, 2015 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Clean drinking water BrokenQuill92 3 1122 February 21, 2014 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Cartoon About the Idiocy and Effects of Homoeopathy Fidel_Castronaut 0 487 November 22, 2013 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  'Huge' water resource exists under Africa frankiej 6 2820 April 21, 2012 at 10:19 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko