Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My thoughts on Thorium
My thoughts on Thorium
I seen a lot of youtube comments and other thing such as the future is thorium based energy and i seen posts on various websites itself.
Neither of them address the real issues with thorium and the fact being thorium highly radioactive and not to mention is harder to contain. 
Germany has well made a working fusion reactor and it didn't take years at all but the mindset of people is like nope fusion is still far away
when in reality again Germany working fusion reactor since the 10th of this month.
'
I digress and will point out the issues.

Sure thorium is great don't get me wrong but there are really big issues with it.

Compare a thorium cell to a normal nuclear fuel cell a reactor uses the thorium a spent thorium cell is even more radioactive than
a normal cell. Since a thorium cell uses salt it's  corrosive and will corrode metal. Before even all of that it's time consuming to collect thorium.
Then you would have to worry about equipment and any metals being corroded from the salt. Since thorium is even more radioactive than
a normal nuclear cell you would have to have a better containment system and even then all of this expensive. Then add on top of that you
need to add Li-7 to the thorium cell (Li-7 is not cheap at all/Li-6 will not work it's neutron poison). So the other bad parts of it well it will generate Cs-137 and tritium which can diffuse through steel. So is thorium something that would be used in the future more than likely yes and no i mean 
there is a working fusion reactor already.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: My thoughts on Thorium
Quote:when in reality again Germany working fusion reactor since the 10th of this month.

If I recall the details, it's kind of a stretch to call the German project 'a working fusion reactor'. So far, it has worked once, for about a tenth of a second (still, the fact that it worked at all is something to crow about).

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: My thoughts on Thorium
No we haven't got a working fusion reactor.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on the state of science nowadays? Macoleco 19 2943 April 1, 2023 at 5:54 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Thoughts on competition drfuzzy 8 1487 January 10, 2016 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Thoughts on a multiverse/consciousness Gessle 32 6528 February 14, 2015 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: Alex K
Question Effects Of Thoughts And Words On Water Atharonis 14 4410 February 2, 2012 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris