Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 5:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soccer and Islam
Soccer and Islam
So happy together.....

http://apnews.excite.com/article/2012020...QMKO0.html

Quote:CAIRO (AP) - Soccer fans rushed the field after the home team won an unexpected victory over Egypt's top club Wednesday, setting off clashes and a stampede that left at least 73 people dead and 1,000 injured in a Mediterranean port city, officials said.

Maybe allah's team lost?
RE: Soccer and Islam
Are there any Tebow-like players who, after winning a game, bow down toward Mecca? Or do all of them do that?
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(February 1, 2012 at 5:52 pm)Minimalist Wrote: So happy together.....

Quote:CAIRO (AP) - Soccer fans rushed the field after the home team won an unexpected victory over Egypt's top club Wednesday, setting off clashes and a stampede that left at least 73 people dead and 1,000 injured in a Mediterranean port city, officials said.

Maybe allah's team lost?

I'm still unsure how it's related to Islam.
Still, I'd expect such a stampede in England, where football hooliganism seems to be more prevailant, and of course, has a worldwide reputation.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Quote:I'm still unsure how it's related to Islam.

Well....

Quote:CAIRO (AP) - Soccer fans rushed the field after the home team won an unexpected victory over Egypt's top club Wednesday

I doubt they were Jehovahs Witnesses.
Soccer and Islam
Unlike Somalia where just listening to the soccer on radio can get you executed by the local Muslim loonies.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(February 2, 2012 at 12:03 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:I'm still unsure how it's related to Islam.

Well....

Quote:CAIRO (AP) - Soccer fans rushed the field after the home team won an unexpected victory over Egypt's top club Wednesday

I doubt they were Jehovahs Witnesses.

And I'm still very unsure how hooliganism relates to religion.
Quote:Unlike Somalia where just listening to the soccer on radio can get you executed by the local Muslim loonies.
Taking into consideration that you just might be one of the local saner muslim loonies.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(February 1, 2012 at 5:52 pm)Minimalist Wrote: So happy together.....

Maybe allah's team lost?

What? no half time goal line beheadings of the infidel?
Interesting

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/02...49233.html

Have to agree with mehmet here. Hooligans come in all shapes, sizes, and religions. Stuff like this happens in every country.
'Still, I'd expect such a stampede in England, where football hooliganism seems to be more prevailant, and of course, has a worldwide reputation.'

Reputation, yes.

Expect a stampede in England, can you be serious? When since the late 80's and early 90's have we had problems? Try closer to home Mehmet.

Football hooliganism has died in the UK, of course some still do it, I know a couple of hoolies, but they say it's died. Try another country like Italy, Greece, Turkey or Holland.

But I do agree that it happens anywhere, but your stereotype of England is laughable given the reputation of Turkish fans, which is more correct to this era.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What explains Macron’s obsession with Islam and Muslims? WinterHold 17 1404 October 27, 2020 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Equal pay for women's soccer or no Fed funding bill brewer 55 4981 August 4, 2019 at 7:25 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why real Islam and real Muslims are Evil? A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 26 3015 April 8, 2016 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Questions about Iran and Islam A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 12 1599 March 5, 2016 at 8:58 am
Last Post: A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c
  Thoughts on migrant crisis and Islam. paulpablo 21 4636 November 17, 2015 at 5:47 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Giant surprise coming to Islam and Russia professor 46 9923 April 2, 2014 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie