Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 4, 2024, 7:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist Nations are more Peaceful
Atheist Nations are more Peaceful

[Image: kevin-map-GPI-RYB.gif]
RE: Atheist Nations are more Peaceful
Maybe its just that islam sucks?
Based on the Map above, it would seem the bulk of the world's population who reside in the lowest state of peace resides in democratic and non-islamic India. The state of peace there appearently even lower than the virtual narco state of Mexico.
Makes perfect sense. Any Nation where laws are based upon reason and free thinking, will undoubtedly be more peaceful than the emotional hotbed of religious dogma. I mean it completely astounds me how say a woman can be stoned to death (an absolutely horrific and savage death) for having the audacity to have an affair with another man. I'm not advocating adultery mind, but a bit of perspective wouldn't go amiss. As long as Nations continue letting religious texts dictate policy and laws they will forever be constrained into their current backward, and often barbaric, way of thinking.
The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true - Carl Sagan
Why is north Korea not included? I thought they were the most peaceful nation on earth under the guidance and blessing of their eternal president and god: Kum Suck Dik II.
(February 7, 2012 at 8:17 pm)Forsaken Wrote: Why is north Korea not included? I thought they were the most peaceful nation on earth under the guidance and blessing of their eternal president and god: Kum Suck Dik II.

As any north Korean can assure you, north korea enjoys perfect peace because under the guidance of great kim, even dissidents in north Korea all lies peacefully, shot in the head.

(February 7, 2012 at 8:17 pm)Forsaken Wrote: Why is north Korea not included? I thought they were the most peaceful nation on earth under the guidance and blessing of their eternal president and god: Kum Suck Dik II.

No idea why they didn't include North Korea, seems to me it'd be right up there in the 140's range.
Yeah, I saw that video a few years ago. Of course we already knew that.
"Sisters, you know only the north; I have traveled in the south lands. There are churches there, believe me, that cut their children too, as the people of Bolvangar did--not in the same way, but just as horribly. They cut their sexual organs, yes, both boys and girls; they cut them with knives so that they shan't feel. That is what the Church does, and every church is the same: control, destroy, obliterate every good feeling. So if a war comes, and the Church is on one side of it, we must be on the other, no matter what strange allies we find ourselves bound to."

-Ruta Skadi, The Subtle Knife
Isnt Russia supposed to have a shit load of atheists....why is it blood red in that map?
Russia: 70% Russian orthodox Christian - 16% non-believers

Well, that explains it...carry on..
(February 7, 2012 at 9:18 pm)AthiestAtheist Wrote: Yeah, I saw that video a few years ago. Of course we already knew that.

Speak for yourself, I had someone ask me yesterday for proof of this.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is life more satisfying as an atheist or religionist? FrustratedFool 96 4169 November 10, 2023 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Sincere and peaceful believers are tough people purplepurpose 4 1071 September 27, 2021 at 11:48 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Atheist VS Naturalist - the latter sounds more appealing to me... Duty 385 33073 June 8, 2020 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Ugh, how come I, an atheist, have the ability to ACT more "Christian" than...... maestroanth 7 1798 April 9, 2016 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Religious kids more likely to be cunts than atheist ones Napoléon 12 2791 November 6, 2015 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  More atheist men than women? Catholic_Lady 203 29216 July 9, 2015 at 9:12 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
Video Agape For All Nations Church Pedophile Mental Outlaw 10 2371 June 21, 2015 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  Are Deists more like theists or Atheist? Twisted 37 9307 May 28, 2015 at 10:18 am
Last Post: comet
  Do we need more Atheist books for kids? process613 43 7548 November 30, 2014 at 4:14 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  Has being gay become more socially acceptable than being an atheist? TaraJo 25 5044 March 3, 2014 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*