Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Obama health plan and the Catholic church
The Obama health plan and the Catholic church
I assume by now everyone's heard about how the Catholic church has their panties in a wad about the government birth control plan. I thought that if an institution receives federal funding it has to abide by certain standards. Many people I know are discussing this on facebook. Some agree and other's don't. Those in opposition have some really odd arguments. What's you opinion? What exactly does the law state? What precedents exist to support your claim?

I will post a link to an article but if you're familiar with the story it's unnecessary to read the article. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46343533/#.Tzca4LGiGb4
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

RE: The Obama health plan and the Catholic church
I think these child-molesting fuckwads should lose their tax exempt status and then we could treat them like any other criminal enterprise.
(February 11, 2012 at 10:31 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I think these child-molesting fuckwads should lose their tax exempt status and then we could treat them like any other criminal enterprise.

They are a non profit organization (though I beg to differ about the non profit bit) therefore they get tax exempt status. On the same note, are churches held under the same scrutiny that all non profits are held under?
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

Quote:Under the compromise, religious employers could opt out of providing coverage, but their workers could then ask their insurance company for that benefit, and the company would be required to provide it free of charge.

Um.. Here's a solution for you Catholic fucktards.

Don't take the free birth control?

Problem solved. Big Grin

Now that I think about it though, that would just make more and more babies to feed garbage to which is called Catholicism. Sad
We're doomed either way..

Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
My opinion is that the opposition BE RAGIN CAUSE THEY FED THE KOG'MAW!!!111!!!!!1!1!1!!!11!11111!!

*ahem*

[Image: rallyforinsanity.jpg]
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
The funny part was how the administration let the fundies wind themselves up for two weeks & then it's "Oh, by the way, the insurance companies are going to handle the cost of birth control." Insurance companies are down with this cause birth control is cheaper than an abortion & a whole hell of a lot cheaper than having a kid.

It's very telling that the fundies are still pissed off about this. It wasn't the cost that pissed them off, it was the loss of control over their employees.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
Yeah its immoral to put a bit of latex over your dick, but bumming the choir boy is perfectly reasonable!
The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true - Carl Sagan
(February 11, 2012 at 10:31 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I think these child-molesting fuckwads should lose their tax exempt status and then we could treat them like any other criminal enterprise.

Why wait until they've lost that tax exempt status? Since when does a tax exempt status make organized crime impossible to prosecute?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Former Catholic MR. Macabre 666 12 1274 October 2, 2023 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  Health class christian teacher..... brewer 7 764 March 26, 2021 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: no one
  What does "Separation of Church and State" mean? Brian37 54 3112 March 9, 2021 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  If artificial super intelligence erases humans, will theists see this as God's plan? Face2face 24 5225 March 5, 2021 at 6:40 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Religion and health - not exactly what we've been told.... Angrboda 4 733 July 22, 2018 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Being Catholic isn't an ethnic thing. Joods 0 791 March 12, 2018 at 8:36 am
Last Post: Joods
  Can prayer change God's perfect plan? MellisaClarke 217 63247 May 23, 2017 at 8:33 am
Last Post: SteveII
  Will God's plan destroy religion? solewatchman 31 7446 April 14, 2017 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Does fasting actually have health benefits? ReptilianPeon 26 5034 June 22, 2015 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The connection between Catholic priests and Muhammadan pedo gangs? ReptilianPeon 18 6494 May 17, 2015 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist