Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can prayer change God's perfect plan?
Can prayer change God's perfect plan?
New here and confused about this.

I saw a meme today, with the question in title. This is a toughie. 

I am a person of strong faith, and want others with strong faith to chime in on this. Help!!!
RE: Can prayer change God's perfect plan?
You want to get the opinion of people with strong faith? I think you came to the wrong site for that.

If you want my opinion, though, prayer doesn't seem to have any effect.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
(May 9, 2017 at 4:51 am)Jesster Wrote: You want to get the opinion of people with strong faith? I think you came to the wrong site for that.

If you want my opinion, though, prayer doesn't seem to have any effect.

Oh I believed the site would have persons with faith.

Then what is the religion section for?
Prayer is like masturbation. Feels good but does not do much for the person you're thinking of.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(May 9, 2017 at 4:54 am)MellisaClarke Wrote: Oh I believed the site would have persons with faith.

There are a few, but the overwhelming feedback you will find here will be from non-believers. If you just want feedback from religious folk, there are other sites for that. If you still want the mixed feedback here, then be prepared for that.

(May 9, 2017 at 4:54 am)MellisaClarke Wrote: Then what is the religion section for?

Discussing religion. You don't have to be religious to do that.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
(May 9, 2017 at 4:58 am)Jesster Wrote:
(May 9, 2017 at 4:54 am)MellisaClarke Wrote: Oh I believed the site would have persons with faith.

There are a few, but the overwhelming feedback you will find here will be from non-believers. If you just want feedback from religious folk, there are other sites for that. If you still want the mixed feedback here, then be prepared for that.

(May 9, 2017 at 4:54 am)MellisaClarke Wrote: Then what is the religion section for?

Feeling upset.
Found the question a week ago, and I can't really face it like I normally face other things.

Thanks for advice.

For making fun of gullible fools, who fall for the obvious scam, that is religion. Tongue

Prayer does nothing, except makes you feel like you're doing something to address problems, without actually doing anything. As they say - "God helps those, who help themselves." Which is to say - god does nothing...

Hope this helps.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(May 9, 2017 at 5:12 am)MellisaClarke Wrote:
(May 9, 2017 at 4:58 am)Jesster Wrote: There are a few, but the overwhelming feedback you will find here will be from non-believers. If you just want feedback from religious folk, there are other sites for that. If you still want the mixed feedback here, then be prepared for that.

Feeling upset.
Found the question a week ago, and I can't really face it like I normally face other things.

Thanks for advice.
Are there any other ideas about god you find troubling? The genocide in Genesis ? The revolting idea that a father would torture his own son to death because of something you did?
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

If God's plan was perfect why would you want to change it? Prayers are selfish demands.

Ever wonder why no Good and True Christian hasn't prayed for an end to war, poverty, mindless greed, endless suffering?
(May 9, 2017 at 5:33 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: If God's plan was perfect why would you want to change it? Prayers are selfish demands.

Ever wonder why no Good and True Christian hasn't prayed for an end to war, poverty, mindless greed, endless suffering?

I have prayed to stop those things.

(May 9, 2017 at 5:21 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote:

For making fun of gullible fools, who fall for the obvious scam, that is religion. Tongue

Prayer does nothing, except makes you feel like you're doing something to address problems, without actually doing anything. As they say - "God helps those, who help themselves." Which is to say - god does nothing...

Hope this helps.

I believe God wants us to pray, and also to do something towards protecting earth.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How often do your beliefs change? Ahriman 37 2916 January 23, 2022 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  On the lunacy of prayer slartibartfast 100 5709 October 12, 2021 at 12:17 am
Last Post: slartibartfast
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 11154 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Global Prayer To End Atheism Foxaèr 60 7799 August 25, 2021 at 8:20 am
Last Post: Brian37
  If artificial super intelligence erases humans, will theists see this as God's plan? Face2face 24 5224 March 5, 2021 at 6:40 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 17018 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Imperfect perfect Trinity Alex K 8 961 December 14, 2019 at 9:20 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  A prayer to God ... ignoramus 10 1051 May 3, 2019 at 11:17 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Question about prayer. purplepurpose 27 5726 October 4, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Is a sea change on the horizon? Angrboda 5 592 July 22, 2018 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: brewer