Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michio Kaku
Michio Kaku
I do like this guy. Probably one of my favourite scientists. I do think he has a good imagination at times though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lP9eTSVWlM

What do y'all think?
RE: Michio Kaku
What's not to love? A fabulous physicist and a sci-fi nerd as well Great
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
It amazes me that he built a particle collider when he was a kid.
I like that he's become something of a celebrity, very intelligent, yet able to speak to average people without losing them. And he's a nerd, which is cool.
"In our youth, we lacked the maturity, the decency to create gods better than ourselves so that we might have something to aspire to. Instead we are left with a host of deities who were violent, narcissistic, vengeful bullies who reflected our own values. Our gods could have been anything we could imagine, and all we were capable of manifesting were gods who shared the worst of our natures."-Me

"Atheism leaves a man to sense, to philosophy, to natural piety, to laws, to reputation; all of which may be guides to an outward moral virtue, even if religion vanished; but religious superstition dismounts all these and erects an absolute monarchy in the minds of men." – Francis Bacon
Michiooooooooooooooo!!!!! My hero! Worship
“You don't get to advertise all the good that your religion does without first scrupulously subtracting all the harm it does and considering seriously the question of whether some other religion, or no religion at all, does better. ”
― Daniel C. Dennett
He's a cool dude in a loose mood. I've enjoyed the documentaries he's been part of.
I am thinking that it is so heartening that people like Michio Kakau, Brian Cox, Neil de Grasse Tyson, Richard Dawkins, Brian Greene, Bill Nye, ...etc etc... are just so passionate about science they are inspirational!! Heart
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Neko - people like that make science approachable, interesting and fun for the general public. If there is hope for rationality to triumph over superstition, it is with scientists like these.
For that reason (and more) they get my vote Cthulhu!!
*after thought....
If you are STILL a 'dyed in the wool' creationist after hearing and seeing these guys' work and speak about their various fields then there really IS NO HOPE FOR YOU
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I've not seen this guy before, he's great!!
Unashamedly geeky Smile
The trick is to get this kind of enthusiasm into the classroom instead of the droll curriculum that they've been trotting out for decades

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Whats your opinion on Michio Kaku? snerie 20 4735 June 8, 2017 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Michio Kaku chimp3 16 3670 June 30, 2016 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: Alex K