Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More "Jesus Tomb Discovery" Stuff
More "Jesus Tomb Discovery" Stuff
Recently stumbled upon this article:

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/201...-tomb-flap

From the article:

Quote:One of the limestone boxes, known more formally as an ossuary, carries a Greek inscription calling on God to "rise up" or "raise up" someone. Another box shows the carved image of a fish, perhaps with the prophet Jonah in its mouth. Allusions to fish and the "sign of Jonah" came to be widely used among early Christians, but not among Jerusalem's Jews.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
RE: More "Jesus Tomb Discovery" Stuff
Anything that has the stink of Simcha Jacobovici on it requires the use of a Hazmat Suit.

The guy is a con man of the Ron Wyatt class.

Besides, we know from the Gabriel Revelation Stone that the idea of raising someone up in 3 days predated fucking jesus.
Wait, so they find a rock, with a bit of a scribble of 'god' on it. And another rock with a picture of a fish on it?

This is jebus's tomb how? Facepalm
(February 28, 2012 at 12:59 pm)Napoleon Wrote: Wait, so they find a rock, with a bit of a scribble of 'god' on it. And another rock with a picture of a fish on it?

That's how they've done it for thousands of years, why stop now?
(February 28, 2012 at 1:07 pm)Tiberius Wrote: That's how they've done it for thousands of years, why stop now?

Next you'll be telling me some bit of ancient cloth with blood on it is what Jesus was buried in. Jeeez.
(February 28, 2012 at 12:59 pm)Napoleon Wrote: Wait, so they find a rock, with a bit of a scribble of 'god' on it. And another rock with a picture of a fish on it?

Hey, if an empty cave counts as a tomb of Jesus (of which there are at least two, not counting Cameron's "discovery"), a box with some scribbling on it certainly counts. [/snark]
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
I thought they found Jesus' tomb long ago? Remember those ripoff ads for vials of sand from Jesus' tomb which were supposed to bring all sorts of magical good luck?
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
I thought Jesus was supposed to have never fucking died anyway, why are these Xtians obsessed with finding his tomb, it's like trying to find the answer to 2+2 in a dictionary.
(February 28, 2012 at 1:11 pm)Napoleon Wrote: I thought Jesus was supposed to have never fucking died anyway, why are these Xtians obsessed with finding his tomb, it's like trying to find the answer to 2+2 in a dictionary.

*ahem*

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/four
(February 28, 2012 at 1:12 pm)Tiberius Wrote: *ahem*

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/four

You need to stop doing that...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dumbass - Funny stuff from the Bible Ferrocyanide 12 1281 October 26, 2021 at 10:56 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Jesus tomb found! << click bait for religious>> ignoramus 17 2834 December 23, 2018 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  The type of religious stuff my mother posts on FB. Foxaèr 3 1131 May 18, 2016 at 2:32 am
Last Post: robvalue
  The more you attend Church, the more likely you are so support Torture. CapnAwesome 111 15799 December 23, 2014 at 6:53 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  The "soul" stuff Jason_ab 100 16626 June 9, 2014 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: vodkafan
  Stuff that scares me! BrokenQuill92 8 2009 April 17, 2014 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.
Tongue Stuff Christians Say To Atheist Cholley71 0 1181 May 20, 2013 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: Cholley71
  Religion shit all over my stuff. Opsnyder 21 8111 June 29, 2012 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: Norfolk And Chance
  Mormons and other retarded stuff. frankiej 15 5164 October 3, 2011 at 9:01 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Jesus is trying to tell me something; what is it Jesus? TruthWorthy 32 13205 February 5, 2010 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Dotard