Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wisconsin: Single Parenting is Child Abuse
Wisconsin: Single Parenting is Child Abuse
Quote:Section 1. 48.982 (2) (g) 2. of the statutes is amended to read:
48.982 (2) (g) 2. Promote statewide educational and public awareness campaigns and materials for the purpose of developing public awareness of the problems of child abuse and neglect. In promoting those campaigns and materials, the board shall emphasize nonmarital parenthood as a contributing factor to child abuse and neglect.

Section 2. 48.982 (2) (g) 4. of the statutes is amended to read:
48.982 (2) (g) 4. Disseminate information about the problems of and methods of preventing child abuse and neglect to the public and to organizations concerned with those problems. In disseminating that information, the board shall emphasize nonmarital parenthood as a contributing factor to child abuse and neglect.

http://jezebel.com/5889799/proposed-law-...hild-abuse

They've lost their fucking minds!!!

RE: Wisconsin: Single Parenting is Child Abuse
They've conveniently left out the explanation offered for this, which is poverty.
http://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/userman...atione.cfm

(the rates are actually substantially higher, unfortunately)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Part of the tea bagger manifesto is that if you're poor it is your own fucking fault....not the wonderful companies who sent your job to Bangla Desh.

Stark raving lunatics....every last one of them.
It is easier to fall prey to poverty as a single parent. I don't find it ideal. Of course, most people who are single parents didn't exactly plan it that way.
Yeah, the people who do plan it that way usually already have the financial means.

Or they are total fucking idiots. Big Grin However, I think anyone who doesn't have the financial means or at least the financial potential to raise a child and has one anyway is an idiot.
Or...according to Santorum...a fine xtian!
Wouldn't call it that, as it can become the case the one of the parents dies, or that the child is simply the offspring of an illegitimate union gone wrong, with one of the parents leaving the other and the child to their fate, divorces and many other things.
However, I think that ideally, children should be raised by a mother and a father together.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
I think that ideally, children should be raised by someone who loves them. Whether that is one parent, two parents, three parents, etc. I don't give a damn.
(March 2, 2012 at 3:59 am)Tiberius Wrote: I think that ideally, children should be raised by someone who loves them. Whether that is one parent, two parents, three parents, etc. I don't give a damn.

Well, you don't, but the child might.
I've known people whose parents were divorced, who told me that she was raised by her mother. Even though his mother got him everything he got, treated him very tolerantly and etc., he still missed the presence of his father.
Kept in touch with him for years without even seeing him.
Well, that's all there is to it.
I think that the core of the family requires a mother and father figure.
Single parenting is also harder than most, taking care of the home, and providing for the home while taking care of the children is hard.
In an ideal family, these tasks are distributed, making it lot less harder on the parents, and the children.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Stupid Statements About Single Payer Healthcare Amarok 43 6799 December 1, 2018 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Should not vaccinating your child be a criminal offence? Coveny 32 4944 December 3, 2017 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Boy soldiers and child soldiers WinterHold 13 2976 October 8, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Political figure endorsement of news orgs = abuse of power? Tea Earl Grey Hot 6 1167 March 9, 2017 at 11:28 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Robert Reich - Single Payer System "Inevitable" Minimalist 27 2945 August 30, 2016 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What's the point in dating single mothers? Errol Monite 410 33483 June 4, 2016 at 2:54 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Do the Wisconsin voter suppression law favour Sanders or Clinton more? ReptilianPeon 7 1489 April 6, 2016 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: Kosh
  <Chuckle> Father of Bristol’s newborn daughter sues for child support Minimalist 10 2468 January 8, 2016 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Divinity
  Why the U.S. needs single-payer healthcare like yesterday Ryantology 22 4336 January 23, 2014 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  "Discussing" circumcision with a child??? Something completely different 15 4206 September 27, 2013 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr