Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Great Decision
Another Great Decision
...by the Catholic Church.

I normally don't have many good things to say about the Catholic Church but I have to hand it to them that they have their priorities straight when it comes to deciding which is the greater evil in the world.

I'm sure all the unsaved trash that post here know about how the Catholic Church feels that the use of condoms is a greater evil than the spread of AIDS, right? After all, sex is a sin but the spread of a disease is just part of life in a fallen world. The OT details in numerous passages how our loving Lord sends all manner of diseases to punish a sinful population, so AIDS is probably just another in a long line.

Now the Catholic Church has moved to cut the funding of a homeless shelter because of its director's views. She's *gasp* pro-choice and in favor of so-called gay rights. Oh, how terrible. Well, the Catholic Church knows how to deal with such abominations.

Let's not forget that Jesus said "Fuck the poor. Live it up while I'm here." (Mark 14:6) As True Christians ™ we follow his example by paying lip service to charity, telling others they should be more charitable and limiting our own charity to praying for the unfortunate.

Way to go, Pope! You know how to put the "rat" and "zing" into "Ratsinger".

News Article Click Here

Praise the Sweet Name of Jesus!
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink
RE: Another Great Decision
[Image: republican-jesus.gif]
The Catholic Church needs a better PR department....
Catholic PR:

[Image: 6a00d8341bf68b53ef01156fb855cc970c-800wi]
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
m.condon Wrote:The Catholic Church needs a better PR department....

The best spinmaster in the wolrd could do anything for them. Besides, how is PR going to help when this is the way they want to be seen.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
The Catholic Church couldn't possibly have a better PR department. They've already got a great halo effect granted to them by Hollywood and the superstition they peddle. Not bad at all for an organization that makes its living by milking the credulous while providing nothing in return.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Given that the topic concerns the Catholic Church, the phrase "milking the credulous", while perfectly apt in context, made me laugh for some reason.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(March 9, 2012 at 12:55 am)YahwehIsTheWay Wrote: ...by the Catholic Church.

I normally don't have many good things to say about the Catholic Church but I have to hand it to them that they have their priorities straight when it comes to deciding which is the greater evil in the world.

I'm sure all the unsaved trash that post here know about how the Catholic Church feels that the use of condoms is a greater evil than the spread of AIDS, right? After all, sex is a sin but the spread of a disease is just part of life in a fallen world. The OT details in numerous passages how our loving Lord sends all manner of diseases to punish a sinful population, so AIDS is probably just another in a long line.

Now the Catholic Church has moved to cut the funding of a homeless shelter because of its director's views. She's *gasp* pro-choice and in favor of so-called gay rights. Oh, how terrible. Well, the Catholic Church knows how to deal with such abominations.

Let's not forget that Jesus said "Fuck the poor. Live it up while I'm here." (Mark 14:6) As True Christians ™ we follow his example by paying lip service to charity, telling others they should be more charitable and limiting our own charity to praying for the unfortunate.

Way to go, Pope! You know how to put the "rat" and "zing" into "Ratsinger".

News Article Click Here

Praise the Sweet Name of Jesus!

I hear ya man. Praise Sweet Baby Jesus! The thing is that you dont have to do anything to sin. As soon as you were born you pissed Baby Jesus off enough for him to torture you in fire for all eternity....but Jesus is a loving god. As long as you submit your entire life and will to him, then he will accept you from the flames and into the glory where you will worship and praise and serve him forever and ever, Amen.

Doesnt that sound wonderful?

Praise Sweet Baby Jesus!
(March 10, 2012 at 11:10 am)reverendjeremiah Wrote: I hear ya man. Praise Sweet Baby Jesus! The thing is that you dont have to do anything to sin. As soon as you were born you pissed Baby Jesus off enough for him to torture you in fire for all eternity....but Jesus is a loving god. As long as you submit your entire life and will to him, then he will accept you from the flames and into the glory where you will worship and praise and serve him forever and ever, Amen.

Praise Sweet Baby Jesus!

Exactly, that's how we know that Jesus loves us. It's the same way that a battered wife knows her abusive husband loves us. It's our fault that He has to torture some people. People sent themselves to Hell by provoking the wrath of our Lord, just like how battered wives know that their abusive husbands "love" them but they provoke their abuse. It's all really about power and control, and isn't that what love is really all about?

On the other side of the coin is salvation. Life's a test. The question is what are we being tested for? The whole purpose of a test is to divide people according to whether or not they possess a desired characteristic. If a perspective employer tests you on mathematics, you can assume that the job involves working with numbers.

We are being tested for whether or not we believe something without proof and worship our loving sadistic Lord. So obviously we're being tested for our gullibility.

I'm going to pass this test and be in Heaven because I have all the qualifications necessary to be a willing boot-licking slave to Jesus for all eternity and kiss his ass shamelessly despite the mess of everything he makes on this earth.

Praise Him!
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink
(March 10, 2012 at 12:49 pm)YahwehIsTheWay Wrote:
(March 10, 2012 at 11:10 am)reverendjeremiah Wrote: I hear ya man. Praise Sweet Baby Jesus! The thing is that you dont have to do anything to sin. As soon as you were born you pissed Baby Jesus off enough for him to torture you in fire for all eternity....but Jesus is a loving god. As long as you submit your entire life and will to him, then he will accept you from the flames and into the glory where you will worship and praise and serve him forever and ever, Amen.

Praise Sweet Baby Jesus!

Exactly, that's how we know that Jesus loves us. It's the same way that a battered wife knows her abusive husband loves us. It's our fault that He has to torture some people. People sent themselves to Hell by provoking the wrath of our Lord, just like how battered wives know that their abusive husbands "love" them but they provoke their abuse. It's all really about power and control, and isn't that what love is really all about?

On the other side of the coin is salvation. Life's a test. The question is what are we being tested for? The whole purpose of a test is to divide people according to whether or not they possess a desired characteristic. If a perspective employer tests you on mathematics, you can assume that the job involves working with numbers.

We are being tested for whether or not we believe something without proof and worship our loving sadistic Lord. So obviously we're being tested for our gullibility.

I'm going to pass this test and be in Heaven because I have all the qualifications necessary to be a willing boot-licking slave to Jesus for all eternity and kiss his ass shamelessly despite the mess of everything he makes on this earth.

Praise Him!

Agreed. Sweet Baby Jesus (SBJ-PBUH) knows everything and knew everything before he even created everything. Testing people is a way to find out what response they would give, and its obvious that our all knowing SBJ tests people to see wether they will have faith in him or not.

Some heathens say that someone who knows everything would not have to test people but they are obviously failing the test from our all knowing SBJ, and will be sent to hell where they will have pine cones shoved up their pee pee holes for all eternity.

We true believers know that the answer to the test our all knowing Lord gives us is simple: Godidit.

Those so-called "intellectuals" in college biology would do well if they passed this test.

...not to mention it is a persecution that we True christians are not allowed to answer every single question on every test as "godidit".

these heathens are such heathens.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  6 of 7 great seven is use Latin ABC Interaktive 26 2089 April 28, 2022 at 3:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Health Insurance That The Republicunts Think Is So Fucking Great Minimalist 7 1724 October 18, 2017 at 9:38 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The Great GOP Civil War Minimalist 19 3796 September 18, 2017 at 4:13 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Lets end the great weed debate dyresand 21 3715 April 28, 2017 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: mlmooney89
  The Great Divide and Apathy Towards Politics AceBoogie 13 2093 April 8, 2017 at 9:59 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  So just out of curiousity: anyone know how Trump is going to make America Great NuclearEnergy 35 4293 January 21, 2017 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Autolite
  America Great again! PETE_ROSE 343 26568 November 18, 2016 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Great. How Many Billions Will This Cost Us? Minimalist 31 2966 February 29, 2016 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Thomas Jefferson - A Great Man and Mind being Minimalist 4 1038 February 9, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Great political website. Jehanne 0 555 January 12, 2016 at 8:29 am
Last Post: Jehanne