Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook
Facebook
My stepdaughter is on my facebook friends list and she is a christoholic.. I have facebook set so she doesn't see my friends posts, she just sees mine. Problem is when I comment on a friends post, she sees it and comments also. I just made a comment to a science writer and she made a comment to him about YEC. It's getting embarrassing. Any way to stop this?
RE: Facebook
Delete her.
(March 10, 2012 at 3:42 pm)Napoleon Wrote: Delete her.

I meant any way other than that. Why would I want to delete her though. Just because she has an enormously stupid belief, she is still family and she isn't trying to convert me. To be honest, she knows better than to try and convert me. Isn't there any way I can stop her from commenting on my friends posts?
I think that setting is on your friend's profile. For instance, I have my profile set so that the only people who can see / comment on my posts are my friends. Your science writer appears to have his/her setting set to "friends of friends", or maybe even public.
Why does it bother you, Phil?
(March 10, 2012 at 3:49 pm)5thHorseman Wrote: Why does it bother you, Phil?

Look at it this way, if someone (anyone) were to comment on a post of yours on facebook if you hover your mouse over their name it tells you whose friend they are (if they aren't yours). Coming back to my situation, say my stepdaughters comments about YEC start annoying some friends of mine, shouldn't the risk of getting "defriended" bother me? Your post tells me that if the situation were you instead of me it wouldn't bother you. Is that right?
(March 10, 2012 at 3:47 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I think that setting is on your friend's profile. For instance, I have my profile set so that the only people who can see / comment on my posts are my friends. Your science writer appears to have his/her setting set to "friends of friends", or maybe even public.

Ah, I saw that setting. Hope he doesn't mind the YEC crap.
To be honest, if someone is going to base their "friendship" with me on something stupid one of my other "friends" (or even a family member) has said, then I don't care if they do de-friend me.
(March 10, 2012 at 3:58 pm)Tiberius Wrote: To be honest, if someone is going to base their "friendship" with me on something stupid one of my other "friends" (or even a family member) has said, then I don't care if they do de-friend me.

Anyone who would de-friend me for any reason isn't worth 'friending' in the first place.
I used to go on Facebook a long while ago. Came off it because it only annoyed me. Old school friends are so stuck up! Deleting my posts, de-friending and the like. The amount of them I've blocked.

Facebook seems to have created more problems. Better off not hearing from my old class mates again. 7 years ago they were dicks, they still fucking are! [slaps forehead]

Got no real point in going on Facebook.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(March 10, 2012 at 3:56 pm)Phil Wrote:
(March 10, 2012 at 3:49 pm)5thHorseman Wrote: Why does it bother you, Phil?

Look at it this way, if someone (anyone) were to comment on a post of yours on facebook if you hover your mouse over their name it tells you whose friend they are (if they aren't yours). Coming back to my situation, say my stepdaughters comments about YEC start annoying some friends of mine, shouldn't the risk of getting "defriended" bother me? Your post tells me that if the situation were you instead of me it wouldn't bother you. Is that right?

No, I just didnt get it. Now I do and it definately would bother me. If I was you i'd delete her if she's a nuisance, and i'd tell her why too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is anyone else having a problem with Facebook? Brian37 5 759 March 15, 2018 at 1:03 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Connecting blog to facebook etc robvalue 8 1630 January 28, 2015 at 7:52 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Science proves that you should un-friend your ex on Facebook Tino 21 10514 November 4, 2012 at 11:35 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Religious adds on Facebook Ziploc Surprise 3 1645 October 6, 2012 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Kayenneh
  How to secure your Facebook account Tiberius 5 1679 May 29, 2012 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Facebook Loading Please Wait 20 4897 December 20, 2011 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Analysis of a Facebook social engineering/Javascript "hack" Autumnlicious 4 3269 March 2, 2011 at 9:29 am
Last Post: fr0d0