Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sad thing is, I know people like this.
Sad thing is, I know people like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuI2LEKHGiQ

I think the video speaks for itself. People in the south aren't all like this. I'm in the south, after all, and I'm... nothing like these people, but I do come in contact with people like this on a daily basis.

RE: Sad thing is, I know people like this.
Yeah - best remember which state this stuff was from. We relegate these nutjobs to the mountains in the west.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
And Rick Santorum poo-poos education?!?! Not hard to see why!

The discussion that went on around that entire clip was incredibly disheartening...thank Bob for "New Rules".
Thank Bob for Bill Maher, Real Time and New Rules!

Friday's New Rules were particularly fantastic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAXXVpGpJnk

Just in case anyone missed it. Wink

The bit about Putin had me on the floor.
I'll bet you are surrounded by folks like this. My family is stocked full of them, sad to say.

Yesterday on public radio there was something about more municipalities charging for services to get around raising taxes. In the story I heard, someone who collected payment on behalf of the city government pointed out that the check one person wrote to have the street lights on his street turned on was higher than what it would have cost him if a tax initiative which would have turned on everyone's lights and paid for other public services. The guy insisted he wouldn't have supported that on principle anyway. Selfish, misanthropic and unreasoning to the end.
You know what the problem is in this country? We refuse to actually understand what things are, and instead get upset at what they're called.
(March 11, 2012 at 5:18 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: You know what the problem is in this country? We refuse to actually understand what things are, and instead get upset at what they're called.

So true and sadly the conservatives have really mastered the art of branding ideology for mass consumption.
We get one or two of them coming here every fucking day sprinkling jesus dust around and thinking they are "saving" us.

Assholes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about choice and laws in the USA ShinyCrystals 7 1011 October 15, 2023 at 10:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1321 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Bellwether, is that really a thing? Brian37 8 456 November 3, 2021 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Aren't Judaism and Aryanism the same thing? Sweden83 63 2723 December 4, 2020 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: no one
  Is preserving languages a good thing? FlatAssembler 21 2545 November 4, 2020 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Is corruption mostly a good thing? FlatAssembler 26 2037 December 16, 2019 at 9:28 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  People do not know how close they really are until they start a war with somebody WinterHold 5 956 October 10, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Trump did a good thing by humiliating Saudi Arabia WinterHold 24 4053 July 1, 2019 at 7:38 pm
  Two Old Pros - Doing Their Thing Minimalist 8 1048 November 28, 2018 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Saudi Arabia as USA ally is not a bad thing Rignia 6 965 November 25, 2018 at 4:19 pm