Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Negative Reputation
Negative Reputation
I'm not sure why the negative reputation button is disabled.
Is it to not hurt people's feelings when they are incompetent?

Just something I noticed. We have a handful of users who could use some negative reputations.

I'm sure you have your valid reasons for disabling it, it's just I don't see it yet Tongue
Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
RE: Negative Reputation
Personal attacks/insults that are not allowed. The negative reputation option promotes that. We have some exceptions and the rule is not set in stone. However, the negative rep is nothing but a slap in the face.
Exactly what fundies need.

Or a kick in the balls.
Well, a lot of people around here were unhappy with the negative energy, if you will. I would prefer to hand out backbones to people who cannot handle disagreement. However, I also understand that people have different feelings about the situation than I do. The negative rep function will continue to be retired for the foreseeable future.
[Image: kick-in-the-balls.gif]
The thing I don't understand then is why the negative rep option is even visible.
Is it? Hmmmm . . .

By the way, Napo. I'm making that thing you don't like disappear. Big Grin
Oh rly? I hadn't noticed. Why the change of heart?
Ah, I just noticed it. Well, I'm sure that is just how the system works. I'm not entirely sure Tiberius can remove it from view. He would be able to give you more info on that. For now, just know you can't negative rep people.
(March 15, 2012 at 11:19 pm)Napoleon Wrote: Oh rly? I hadn't noticed. Why the change of heart?

Not a change of heart. Smile A lesson learned and not in need of a daily reminder, I'm sure.
(March 15, 2012 at 11:20 pm)Shell B Wrote: Not a change of heart. Smile A lesson learned and not in need of a daily reminder, I'm sure.

Cool beanz

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kudos/reputation LadyForCamus 69 13659 March 3, 2016 at 8:41 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Is there a way to just delete a reputation rating one has given to someone? Pyrrho 22 6004 May 3, 2015 at 8:56 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Reputation Zazzy 49 11218 September 23, 2013 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  Negative reputation? Phish 179 62741 March 13, 2013 at 2:30 am
Last Post: Phish
  What is reputation? Fluké 28 8508 May 14, 2010 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: leo-rcc