Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey- is there an easy way to thank people for reputation, or do I need to send a PM? Is reputation just a way of showing you like/dislike someone? How is that different from kudos?

I've never seen this stuff before and I'm not sure how it works. Thanks!
RE: Reputation
(September 20, 2013 at 2:37 pm)Zazzy Wrote: Hey- is there an easy way to thank people for reputation, or do I need to send a PM? Is reputation just a way of showing you like/dislike someone? How is that different from kudos?

I've never seen this stuff before and I'm not sure how it works. Thanks!

I usually use rep to let someone know that I think highly of their posts in general, and if you get one from me, it means I really think you deserve it. I don't usually thank people who rep me, but I occasionally see someone's posts and realize that they deserve a bump from me, and then I go and rep a bunch of people I've neglected to rep for awhile.
You're welcome! Although, really...no need.

There. One down for you! Smile
No, there is really no easy way. You can PM or post it in a thread you and the kudos-giving member have been talking in.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(September 20, 2013 at 2:37 pm)Zazzy Wrote: Hey- is there an easy way to thank people for reputation, or do I need to send a PM?

You can thank members by given them a rep in return, thank them in a thread, or do so by sending a PM. Of course, you don't have to do any of that if you don't want to.

(September 20, 2013 at 2:37 pm)Zazzy Wrote: Is reputation just a way of showing you like/dislike someone?

Yes, and it should be used only for saying something positive about members. We don't allow negative ratings in the reputation system.

(September 20, 2013 at 2:37 pm)Zazzy Wrote: How is that different from kudos?

Kudos is a way of showing that you like a particular post, or that you agree with the comments made by the poster. The [Image: postbit_thx.gif] button is for giving kudos. Reputation, on the other hand, is to show that you like someone in the sense that you like their posts in general, not just any particular post (which is for kudoses).

(September 20, 2013 at 2:37 pm)Zazzy Wrote: I've never seen this stuff before and I'm not sure how it works. Thanks!

Kudos is explained above. To give a repuation, click on a member's profile and find his or her reputation info which is on the left side. Next to a green-colored number (which is their rep number), you will see the options "[Details][Rate]." Click on "Rate" and then write your comments (or your reasons for liking the person) inside the small box that opens up automatically.

There is aslo a "Rate" option in the bottom-right side of every post (which, again, is different from a kudos).

Let's see if you really learned how it works now ...
(September 20, 2013 at 4:05 pm)Rayaan Wrote: Let's see if you really learned how it works now ...
Crap, I should have known there would be a test. Damned atheists always wanting people to learn and use their brains.
(September 20, 2013 at 4:24 pm)Zazzy Wrote: Crap, I should have known there would be a test. Damned atheists always wanting people to learn and use their brains.

I'm not an atheist, though. Tongue
Best way to say thanks to everyone is to give me rep and kudos. Don't worry about the others, so long as I get more rep and kudos they will understand.
(September 20, 2013 at 4:24 pm)Zazzy Wrote:
(September 20, 2013 at 4:05 pm)Rayaan Wrote: Let's see if you really learned how it works now ...
Crap, I should have known there would be a test.

Yes, and the first part of the test to see if you can use what you've learned is to click on the green number by my name, click on "rate user" with a +1, and then type something like "Doubting Thomas makes the best posts ever."

There is a time limit. OK, go.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Rep whores, the lot of you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kudos/reputation LadyForCamus 69 13654 March 3, 2016 at 8:41 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Is there a way to just delete a reputation rating one has given to someone? Pyrrho 22 6002 May 3, 2015 at 8:56 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Negative reputation? Phish 179 62733 March 13, 2013 at 2:30 am
Last Post: Phish
  Negative Reputation Loading Please Wait 22 6766 March 17, 2012 at 12:05 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  What is reputation? Fluké 28 8508 May 14, 2010 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: leo-rcc