Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do you think atheists feel judged by Christians
Why do you think atheists feel judged by Christians
Why do you think atheists feel judged by Christians? Thinking
Atheism is a non-prophet organisation. - A dusty old book that I found that must be completely true because someone wrote it down.
RE: Why do you think atheists feel judged by Christians
Superiority complex
Probably because they profess judgement by proxy (but we never get to see the proxy, leaving them the only one holding the floater).
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Because they are judged by christians.

Well Christians are judgemental and therefore feel judged by atheists too, but I could care less what any Christian would think about my non-belief. We, Atheists have all the evidence and common sense rationale on our side, so it is pretty easy to defend any criticism. With more info being available, more people are abandoning the Christian faith anyway...finally. It is still sad to see people stubbornly clinging to such a shallow and twisted belief system as Christianity though, especially when better alternatives for religious feeling are becoming more readily available.
You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.

There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.

Buddha FSM Grin

In their defense, I actually am judging them. But at least I'm honest about it. I don't invoke a magical beasty to do my judging for me.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
The ones in my family just seem sad and worried for me. If they feel superior I don't pick up on it. I think I make them a little uncomfortable. My niece asked me once why I'm so much happier than her father, my brother. But I'm sure in her mind it was in spite of my non-belief, not because of it.

I've never tried to justify my beliefs to them nor have they asked me too. I suspect they are afraid that whatever I say might shake their belief more than it will mine.

I don't hate fundy Christians. I feel sorry for them. I don't suppose their lives are very satisfying, but I know it is possible to be a theist and have a healthy regard for themselves, others and this life. Some don't feel certain of an after life and don't care. They don't have to be at odds with science. Some ready the bible for its wisdom stories and don't care if every bit is inspired or true. I think contemplation of a God as a kind of personification of what is best, unshackled by a literal bible, could actually be enriching and uplifting. It isn't for me but it seems to be possible to be a very interesting and worthy person while being this kind of theist.
Re: Why do you think atheists feel judged by Christians
Self imposed guilt. Sometimes justified and sometimes not.
Because they are self-righteous cunts who think believing in fairy tales gives them some higher moral ground.

Can't really say I would draw the line just at xtians.

I will say that humans are a judgemental species and that we need this faculty to make a million and one "judgements" every day of our lives. What I do object to is that xtians will complain about being judged by atheists and try to transpose the blame/ guilt/ shame onto an atheist as a matter of course. Again a typical human attribute.

Just human nature I am guessing
my 2c
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 13218 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  You think Catholics hate Charles Goodyear Woah0 7 1296 August 28, 2022 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  What do the conservative Christians here think of Professor Bart Ehrman? Jehanne 69 6033 March 8, 2019 at 10:44 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7841 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Who Do You Think Is The Best Christian Of Our Times? BrianSoddingBoru4 14 1955 January 22, 2019 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Drich
  Why are Christians so full of hate? I_am_not_mafia 183 17612 October 18, 2018 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Another reason why Christians go to church Alexmahone 40 4791 August 20, 2018 at 10:35 am
Last Post: Cod
  Christians: Can you see why atheists don't buy this stuff? vulcanlogician 49 3952 August 19, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Theists - I want to know what you think LadyForCamus 77 10244 May 14, 2018 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 15073 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger