Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Church stages fake kidnapping of youth group members.

A church pastor in Pennsylvania could face felony charges for staging a fake kidnapping of youth group students in order to teach them about religious persecution.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/church-stages-f...3NLoDGiGRq
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

RE: Church stages fake kidnapping of youth group members.
(March 28, 2012 at 1:35 pm)Ziploc Surprise Wrote: Church stages fake kidnapping of youth group members.

A church pastor in Pennsylvania could face felony charges for staging a fake kidnapping of youth group students in order to teach them about religious persecution.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/church-stages-f...3NLoDGiGRq

Extremely religious unbalanced & dangerous, news at 11.

On the plus side, I bet youth attendance at that church is about to go thru the floor.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
But remember, they terrified these children to show them God's love.

OK, so religious persecution of Christians happens in other parts of the world. How much you want to bet that the idea they were trying to push onto the kids was that this kind of persecution is what's going to happen here in America? And does anyone doubt that this is what they'd like to do to non-Christians if they were able to?
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
I'm sorry but hahaha, what a fucking idiot. What I find more disturbing is that a police officer was part of this whole thing. It's okay to kidnap if it's for Jesus!
Musn't have heard of all that persecution of christians in states. Must be living under a rock or something Tongue

Whilst this is bad, It's not as despicable as the story I heard about parents getting people to kidnap their kids and send them to god camp.
It's amazing that when planning this they couldn't figure out what a stupid idea this was.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I wonder what the response would be is atheists faked a witch-burning to teach them about Christian persecution.
(March 28, 2012 at 2:48 pm)tobie Wrote: Whilst this is bad, It's not as despicable as the story I heard about parents getting people to kidnap their kids and send them to god camp.

Being woken up in the middle of the night by complete strangers and then being forced to go with them to religious indoctrination camp is pretty bad, but I don't know if it's worse than the terror of having an AK-47 pointed at you and being forced into a van.

The bad thing is that if atheists did any of this stupid crap, they'd jump all over this claiming how immoral and evil we are.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(March 28, 2012 at 1:54 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: But remember, they terrified these children to show them God's love.

OK, so religious persecution of Christians happens in other parts of the world. How much you want to bet that the idea they were trying to push onto the kids was that this kind of persecution is what's going to happen here in America?

You're on to something here. It's a great way to terrify a person into voting for religious fundamentalists.
(March 28, 2012 at 2:16 pm)Mosrhun Wrote: I'm sorry but hahaha, what a fucking idiot. What I find more disturbing is that a police officer was part of this whole thing. It's okay to kidnap if it's for Jesus!

Yeah, he should have known it would get him in trouble.
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Twelve religious group members arrested over Australian girl's death zebo-the-fat 2 695 July 6, 2022 at 2:40 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1239 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Ex pastor explains how Christianity is fake Fake Messiah 71 7707 May 19, 2019 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Far right Catholic group worried about being banned. Jehanne 14 1965 August 24, 2018 at 9:08 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Group prayer on Skype on behalf of our Christian members I_am_not_mafia 132 16171 May 26, 2018 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Another fake Catholic miracle. Jehanne 96 19387 August 11, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Church of England vs Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints vorlon13 13 4152 April 3, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Lovely Religious Group ThortheMighty 0 691 February 1, 2017 at 8:28 pm
Last Post: ThortheMighty
  For our Catholic members: What are your feelings on this? BrianSoddingBoru4 10 4250 August 6, 2015 at 11:39 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Fundamentalist christian group to refuse accept any post with Harvey Milk Stamp on. downbeatplumb 79 19498 June 3, 2014 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.