Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to the forum, just wanted to say hi!
New to the forum, just wanted to say hi!
Hey Everyone! Just setting up an account although I have been lurking around for a little while. For a little background; my name is PJ and i'm 21. I grew up in what i would say was a christian home, we went to church on and off until i was around 13-14 though I never enjoyed it and I am not really sure if I really believed any of it, or if I just went along with it because I felt i was supposed to.

When I was around 16 I started calling of myself as agnostic. At 18 one of my friends passed away in a car accident and I really started to think about my faith and what I really believed. It wasn't hard for me to come to the conclusion that I didn't believe any of it and I started calling myself an atheist.

I have been trying to find a way to summarize my views in a few sentences but i'm finding it a lot harder then i thought it would be... For now guess ill just say i'm a very rational and i guess you will all figure it out as i rack up some posts. Or feel free to ask!

PS: Grammer was never my best subject so please bare with me hah
Look to this day: For it is life, the very life of life. In its brief course lie all the verities and realities of your existence. The bliss of growth, the glory of action, the splendour of achievement are but experiences of time.

For yesterday is but a dream and tomorrow is only a vision; And today well-lived, makes yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this day; Such is the salutation to the ever-new dawn!
-Kalidasa
RE: New to the forum, just wanted to say hi!
Welcome. I'm also 21 =)
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
Welcome. I was 21 at your age Big Grin
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Welcome....there are jesus freaks around so watch where you step. It's tough getting their bullshit off your shoes.
Welcome!!! Big Grin
Hi. Welcome to Neverland.
Hey there... welcome. Smile

Welcome.
Cunt
Welcome to the forums. I look forward to reading your thoughts on things Smile
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
Welcome Pj
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New here...just sayin' Hello. Frank Apisa 15 1781 June 27, 2021 at 6:52 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  New[ish] to the forum OakTree500 15 1121 February 19, 2020 at 6:03 am
Last Post: Smedders
  I thought id come back and say dyresand 7 1237 December 26, 2018 at 11:31 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Just joined this forum T0 Th3 M4X 39 2212 November 29, 2018 at 10:53 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Say hello to Allie Jackalope 17 2901 December 20, 2017 at 12:23 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  New Atheist to Forum Saying Hi.... TonyPhotographer 11 1595 November 12, 2016 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
  Old atheist, new to forum Bunburryist 25 2609 August 10, 2016 at 10:08 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  NEW TO THE FORUM GUIDE ME :P logicNartman 9 1703 July 9, 2016 at 12:24 am
Last Post: LivingNumbers6.626
  Hi! New to the forum vendetta 16 1978 September 6, 2014 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  New to the forum vervillev 18 1973 July 11, 2014 at 2:01 am
Last Post: vervillev