Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'll try to make it short and sweet.
I'll try to make it short and sweet.
Just here to announce that I am a new member. I don't think I can in all honesty call myself a full fledged athiest, but I am definitely on the skeptical side. More of my problems are with religion. I was born and raised in a large Roman Catholic family. I'm not talking about the Catholics with a little cream and sugar. I'm talking about the Catholics who like theres black.

I have gone to church every Sunday my entire life. A number of reasons have convinced me why I dont like Catholicism or religion for that matter, and why I dont find it relevant. Anyways, glad to be here!
RE: I'll try to make it short and sweet.
Great intro. Welcome Smile
welcome!
Welcome! Big Grin
Greetings. Impressive name there, one of those that makes you think "I wish I'd thought of that!"
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(April 4, 2012 at 10:16 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Greetings. Impressive name there, one of those that makes you think "I wish I'd thought of that!"

Thanks Smile I actually didn't want to keep it after I made it and still dont want to keep it but dont know if you can change it. It's the combination of my birth year animal and my element in the chinese zodiac.

I had it in mind that it might have been some allusion to the iron chariots that the biblegod is apparently powerless against. Takes nothing away from its impressiveness though. I look forward to seeing you in combat around the boards.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Welcome. I was raised Catholic like that too. Peace be with you.

(April 4, 2012 at 10:26 pm)Metal_horse Wrote: Thanks Smile I actually didn't want to keep it after I made it and still dont want to keep it but dont know if you can change it. It's the combination of my birth year animal and my element in the chinese zodiac.

You can change your name by contacting one of the admins. They are the fellas with red names. Alternatively, you can just hit the report post button on this post and put "Requested name change to" and include the new name you would like. I will do my best to ensure an admin sees it.

Welcome to thunderdome.
Welcome to the forum, and enjoy your stay! Big Grin

If you see a bloody war going on in the off-topic section, kindly skirt around it and keep in mind that we're just coming off of an April fool's joke that was painful for some people. There isn't always so much in-fighting.

What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Let's Try This Again Definitely Disillusioned 8 2006 July 4, 2017 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  My short intro findingdoubt 10 3686 August 26, 2013 at 6:42 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Hey y'all - I need some non-Christian help on a short survey Baba Asheri 16 4003 March 27, 2013 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  A short introduction UngodlyFossil 12 3918 January 19, 2012 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: UngodlyFossil