Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Interesting Video
An Interesting Video
http://www.openculture.com/2012/01/athei...elief.html

in 3 parts contained on this web site.

RE: An Interesting Video
Hmm...sounds very interesting, but being an hour long each I will have to wait until I can watch these.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I minimized the window and listened to the first one while I did other things.
I've just started watching now Tongue
Cheers for posting these Min, I've watched the first and they seem very interesting Big Grin
Thanks for posting this. I'll try to watch the whole thing tonight.
Just finished it. Very interesting and educational. Great
Thank you for posting these videos. I found them very interesting and informative. This is also the first time I've heard this quote:

Baron d'Holbach Wrote:If we look back at the beginning we shall find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that fancy, enthusiasm, or deceit adorned or disfigured them; that weakness worships them; that credulity preserves them; and that custom, respect and tyranny support them, in order to make the blindness of man serve their own interest. If the ignorance of nature gave birth to Gods, the knowledge of nature is calculated to destroy them.

Best quote ever.
I love that quote too. The video had a lot of great quotes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A interesting comic dyresand 1 1134 October 9, 2015 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Lightbulb Interesting argument for the non-existence of God Tea Earl Grey Hot 16 8203 April 21, 2012 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: WallaceT
  Interesting discussion in my local rag Intimae_Hasta 11 5173 March 21, 2012 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Interesting survey of Australians religious views Justtristo 20 7804 November 28, 2011 at 2:28 am
Last Post: Justtristo
  Very interesting department of defense vaccine on religion? MilesTailsPrower 3 1860 June 21, 2011 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  An interesting evening Darwinian 18 5262 December 2, 2009 at 6:55 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Thought this would be interesting Demonaura 2 2088 April 27, 2009 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet