Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
He's crazier than I thought
He's crazier than I thought
Seriously, this was over the top even for what I expect from Pat Robertson.

...and Lucent couldn't understand why referencing Pat Robertson as a credible source would discredit him.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
RE: He's crazier than I thought
So, to sum up, demons are everywhere inlcuding in Buddha statues, martial arts, possibly feng shui, yoga, and the twilight movies.

Now why would one think that referencing this man would be a bad idea?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Okay, now he's just messing with us. He's probably a level 20 Paladin playing the "ultimate version" of D&D with his friends.
(April 9, 2012 at 8:13 pm)Faith No More Wrote: So, to sum up, demons are everywhere inlcuding in Buddha statues, martial arts, possibly feng shui, yoga, and the twilight movies.

OK, I admit he may have a point with the Twilight movies. I'm not totally certain since I have no natural explanation as to how that festering pile of crap was even successfully published, let alone made into a movie, let alone become such a sensation.

Demons of stupidity.

[Image: 23637.strip.gif]
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Did the elderly gentleman with the suspiciously large eyebrows and exaggerated forehead just more or less suggest to us that we exile Mystic Meg, tell Chuck Norris to go to hell and decapitate Edward Cullen?

...I mean I like the last suggestion but I'm just not so sure about those other ideas.
I bet we have xtian shitheads right on this board who watch this phony old cocksucker every day.

I doubt they will admit it, of course.
New Drinking game: One person drinks when Robertson says "demonic" the other drinks on "powers".

The martial arts one is the best. Not physical strength and years of training. Demons.

They are strong. Therefore demons.
"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." -Friedrich Nietzsche

"All thinking men are atheists." -Ernest Hemmingway

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." -Voltaire
Belief in the demonic is nothing new in fundamentalism. It's a great way to make people cut out all the fun things in life and stay in church where it's safe. I tried to piss people off by having my kids read Harry Potter but they didn't like the book. The best I could muster is Pokemon. It was fun watching my fundamentalist friends and acquaintances squirm uncomfortably because they were afraid to admit they were afraid of a silly card game.
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

As a teenager, they put our youth group in the church basement and this 'speaker' told us all about the dangers of listening to KISS and playing D&D. We just laughed. Who listens to KISS anyway?
(April 10, 2012 at 10:27 pm)ChadWooters Wrote: As a teenager, they put our youth group in the church basement and this 'speaker' told us all about the dangers of listening to KISS and playing D&D. We just laughed. Who listens to KISS anyway?

I did in the 70's.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I thought your god was keeping you safe rado84 331 29345 April 25, 2019 at 1:07 am
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Paul's Writings Underpin Western Thought SteveII 232 17452 August 6, 2018 at 2:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  My current religious teacher isn't as good as I thought Der/die AtheistIn 10 2013 November 16, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: SaStrike
  You Put Absolutely NO Thought Into This Astonished 45 9959 August 28, 2017 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  This Is More Complicated Than I Thought. Minimalist 1 1280 May 19, 2016 at 8:55 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  My heart is breaking... I thought Christians are suppose to love "unconditionally" kmthang 118 20606 January 6, 2016 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Sad thought about Jesus. TrueChristian 130 22000 December 25, 2015 at 12:59 am
Last Post: popsthebuilder
  Happy thought about Jesus. BrianSoddingBoru4 36 5238 December 23, 2015 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Well i thought id put this here dyresand 3 1347 November 2, 2015 at 10:08 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Just thought id share this. dyresand 7 2812 July 21, 2015 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: dyresand