Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis Black on creationism

'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
RE: Lewis Black on creationism
It makes me sad when videos are posted that I can't watch at work Sad Can I get some cliff notes?
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
Pretty hilarious.
Freaking awesome!
Black is one of the best.

Ever notice how the best stand up comics are REALLY angry?

Below, the father of modern stand up. Keep in mind Lenny died in 1966. I strongly recommend his autobiography "How To Talk Dirty And Influence People"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq6sAO9vA...re=related
Quote:"Now get in the car kids ... if we hurry up, we can still sacrifice your little sister at the Hoover Dam!"

lol
Good stuff.
[Image: Evolution.png]

"I have thoughts, that really fucks up the whole faith thing." Love it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Creationism Foxaèr 203 11405 August 23, 2020 at 2:25 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  [Serious] The black man as a slave to the white man's god Foxaèr 51 2969 August 5, 2020 at 9:09 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  A theory about Creationism leaders Lucanus 24 7081 October 17, 2017 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Black and white religions Roksie 21 3146 February 12, 2017 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Science Vs. The Forces of Creationism ScienceAf 15 2913 August 30, 2016 at 12:04 am
Last Post: Arkilogue
  Defending Young-Earth Creationism Scientifically JonDarbyXIII 42 10643 January 14, 2015 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  creationism belief makes you a sicko.. profanity alert for you sensitive girly men heathendegenerate 4 2015 May 7, 2014 at 12:00 am
Last Post: heathendegenerate
  Black Hole Properties mentioned in the Quran majmal 26 5724 December 12, 2013 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: Ksa
  Atheist on the Black Church vs Gay Rights Cholley71 73 20209 June 8, 2013 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: Savannahw
  Creationism in UK Schools Chuff 10 5521 August 3, 2012 at 9:50 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko