Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 7, 2024, 3:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good reading for Christian Homophobes
Good reading for Christian Homophobes
Ah, Christians... God love 'em.

It would appear that their long-held weirdness about sex and gays (and their disgust at recent talk of same sex marriage) may not be quite as long-held as they think.

When Same-Sex Marriage Was a Christian Rite

RE: Good reading for Christian Homophobes
Oh, they'll deny it, whether it is true or not.
all any of you has to do is provide Book Chapter and verse that allows for same sex mariage and Christianity as a whole will forced to accept this doctrine. real simple. Anything and everything else is just pie in the sky.
You have all yet to produce chapter and verse that states homosexuality is a sin. You're the ones making the claim. Produce the evidence. Oh, I forgot, only certain translations and interpretations say homosexuality is a sin, typically those followed by people who already hate homosexuality.
All you have to do is provide chapter and verse that allows for the operation of a motor vehicle and christianity as a whole will be forced to accept this doctrine.

(Scripture is silent on the issue. Search the forums for your verses before you decide to paste them up again. They've all been handled before. It is as silent on the issue of homosexuality-as-sin as it is on the issue of motor vehicles. I can only assume god does not give a shit whether or not you drive a car, or give a handie to the guy driving the car. The fag hating god you've imagined is orders of magnitude lesser than the god of scripture in at least this regard.)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 10, 2012 at 2:49 pm)Drich Wrote: all any of you has to do is provide Book Chapter and verse that allows for same sex mariage and Christianity as a whole will forced to accept this doctrine. real simple. Anything and everything else is just pie in the sky.

You have a problem with a man putting a dick in his ass? Just wondering.
Note that there's quite a difference between legal (secular) marriage and the Christian concept of marriage.

Nobody (as far as I know) is advocating that any religious institution perform ceremonies for marriages that are contrary to their doctrines. Rather, it is about legal recognition of such marriages.
Of course, which is why his god has a problem with it. Drich's god is a front.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 10, 2012 at 2:51 pm)Shell B Wrote: You have all yet to produce chapter and verse that states homosexuality is a sin. You're the ones making the claim. Produce the evidence. Oh, I forgot, only certain translations and interpretations say homosexuality is a sin, typically those followed by people who already hate homosexuality.

All sex outside the confines of the covenant of marriage is a sin.(Acts 15:20; 1 Corinthians 5:1; 6:13, 18; 10:8; 2 Corinthians 12:21; Galatians 5:19; Ephesians 5:3; Colossians 3:5; 1 Thessalonians 4:3; Jude 7). The Bible promotes complete abstinence before marriage. Sex between a husband and his wife is the only form of sexual relations of which God approves (Hebrews 13:4).

There isn't a context in which same sex marriages are permitted in the bible. If there isn't such a context then that make homosexual activity (Even the thought of it) a sin even if you choose to ignore or explain away all of the passages that directly tell you it is indeed a sin.

Silencing the bible on homosexuality is not the same as saying it was encouraged. The best any of you can hope to do is try and silence the bible, even so you still can not hope to biblically justify this sin. A sexual sin just like anyother sexual sin. One that need to find repentance and forgiveness. pretending it is not a sin robs the sinner of any hope of finding forgiveness for said sin. If you want to be gay then do so knowing you are sinning against God. Otherwise if you justify it then you will not ever see a need to repent of it.

(May 10, 2012 at 2:52 pm)Rhythm Wrote: All you have to do is provide chapter and verse that allows for the operation of a motor vehicle and christianity as a whole will be forced to accept this doctrine.

(Scripture is silent on the issue. Search the forums for your verses before you decide to paste them up again. They've all been handled before. It is as silent on the issue of homosexuality-as-sin as it is on the issue of motor vehicles. I can only assume god does not give a shit whether or not you drive a car, or give a handie to the guy driving the car. The fag hating god you've imagined is orders of magnitude lesser than the god of scripture in at least this regard.)
Only if you want to segergate homosexuals from all other Sexual sinners. Otherwise if you look at them as any other sexual sinner then they fall into the same exact catagory as everyone else.

Sure, you could look at them any way you please. Nevertheless, scripture is silent. Personally, I prefer the god of the bible to your god in this instance.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this a contradiction or am I reading it wrong? Genesis 5:28 Ferrocyanide 110 9601 April 10, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 89719 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  I need ONE good Christian... Gawdzilla Sama 31 2305 February 21, 2020 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Just looking for some fun reactions to today's Bible reading drfuzzy 13 2280 January 29, 2018 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Bible reading Foxaèr 63 7997 October 19, 2017 at 7:55 am
Last Post: John V
  So i was reading over the bible again.. dyresand 17 3422 September 16, 2015 at 10:35 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Another Good Reason to be a Christian Lek 202 21937 April 25, 2015 at 7:41 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Good christian boy rapes 69 yo male Jogger Brakeman 46 7963 December 10, 2014 at 6:34 am
Last Post: ManMachine
  Yet more christian logic: christian sues for not being given a job she refuses to do. Esquilax 21 7492 July 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  Good christian summer reading.. Brakeman 1 1092 June 8, 2014 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene