Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Hello
I used to be an Athesit. Then I realised it was silly.

So I became an occultist. I was wondering what your views are on occult matters such as ghosts, magic and demonology? There is empirical evidence for all these matters, so how can they be disproved?
RE: Hello
Edwin Satre, is that you?
No, it is not.
I'd like to see the empirical evidence for ghosts, magic, and demonology please.
If you're going to post about the occult here, that's fine. However just saying atheism is silly and the occult has empirical evidence without providing any of it isn't going to earn you any brownie points here. Maybe you should introduce yourself first and then set up a thread with actual content in the post.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
For ghosts and demons, I would imagine you would have to see them to become conviced they existed. As for magic, you'll have to try it yourself.
If you have to see them to believe, that is not empirical evidence, it is witness testimony which has known to be false, incorrect, and skewed. What one person thinks is a ghost on a camera can simply be a speck of dust.

For magic, I think someone doing a demonstration with rigorous rules that can prevent fraud or outside complications would be good. And we don't have that. There is a million dollar offer for anyone who can do such a thing and no one has claimed the prize.

Please do better than that. Your arguments are weak assertions and do not hold water.

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
I meant no offence to athesits. I was just stating my beliefs.
I did not say scientific evidence, i mentioned empircal evidence (eg 5 senses) and as witness testimonies are created from these senses, they are empircal evidence.
I understand that, but there is a way to do it that doesn't immediately insult the majority of regulars on the forum and actually spark an interesting conversation instead of blind assertions.

For instance, what evidence do you have that makes you think the occult is valid?

Well, I apologise for offending any athesits. I meant no disrespect. I did not realise at the time it would be taken so seriously.

My beliefs are personal and probably quite unique. Because of that, theres little "evidence" I can give to validate my beliefs to other people such as yourself.