Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lack of belief fosters intolerance.
Lack of belief fosters intolerance.
The RCC is a gift that just keeps on giving:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...l?ITO=1490
RE: Lack of belief fosters intolerance.
It's amazing to me that the RCC can be so blind as to think that oustide forces are taking it down. They remind me of an idiotic student that blames all of its failures on the teacher.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA, get this...seriously guys, the CHRISTIAN CHURCH is saying that not being part of the christian church makes you intolerant. The entire christian church is built upon prejudice and the condemnation of others, islam, homosexuals, women, scientists, atheists and pretty much anyone else who disagrees with them. Thy hypocrisy knows no bounds, mister cardinal.
I am intolerant of such intolerance.
(May 18, 2012 at 3:05 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: The RCC is a gift that just keeps on giving:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...l?ITO=1490

To believe in the sense meant by theists is to reject through caprice all other believes that's is just as good. To believe in the theistic manner is not merely to promote intolerance. It is intolerance in its very self.

Ironically, Paul, this is from that exact article.

Quote:The cardinal, who stepped down as leader of England’s Catholics three years ago, declared: ‘In the name of tolerance it seems to me tolerance is being abolished.’
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Who listens to 80 year old virgins?

yeh, still a virgin if alter boys don't count...
(May 18, 2012 at 4:10 pm)5thHorseman Wrote: Who listens to 80 year old virgins?

I'm sure he's fucked his share of altar boys over the years.
beat you to it mate ;P

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 6342 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Belief in God is a clinic Interaktive 55 5580 April 1, 2019 at 10:55 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Is atheism a belief? Agnostico 1023 81427 March 16, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Catharsis
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5236 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Why don't some people understand lack of belief? Der/die AtheistIn 125 22170 April 20, 2018 at 7:15 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Objective morality as a proper basic belief Little Henry 609 160979 July 29, 2017 at 1:02 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Discipline/lack of and atheism Azu 189 54817 June 19, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Any other atheists just feel an acute intolerance for religious people? WisdomOfTheTrees 93 14381 February 10, 2017 at 3:35 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  A loose “theory” of the dynamics of religious belief Bunburryist 6 1667 August 14, 2016 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Bunburryist
  Your lack of imagination is your defeat Little Rik 357 45007 July 27, 2016 at 8:50 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet