Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 7:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists are EXTREMELY intolerant.
Atheists are EXTREMELY intolerant.
Oh yes. Yes we are.

Of stupidity.

Y/N
RE: Atheists are EXTREMELY intolerant.
We actually tolerate private stupidity much much more then many theists would tolerate private intelligence. It's just that we resent the sort of public stupidity that theists would like to ram down our throats. But even here we don't go nearly as murderously ballistic when theists try to make us swallow public stupidity as theists would if we even suggest they swallow public intelligence.
I am intolerant of anyone who hasn't accepted His Noodliness into their hearts! And damn those blasphemers who think they can live their lives without the moral guidance of the Meatballs!
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
(May 20, 2012 at 3:11 am)Chuck Wrote: We actually tolerate private stupidity much much more then many theists would tolerate private intelligence. It's just that we resent the sort of public stupidity that theists would like to ram down our throats. But even here we don't go nearly as murderously ballistic when theists try to make us swallow public stupidity as theists would if we even suggest they swallow public intelligence.

Speak for yourself, I want to castrate, disembowel, hang with entrails of, and then behead [in that specific order] all the public stupidity theists shove in my face. Devil

[Disclaimer: Creed of Heresy is NOT a disemboweling, hang-happy executioner and is simply expressing a fantastical, illogical, immoral, and never-to-be-realized dream]

No you are right, though. As an Xtian I felt an illogical rage towards those who would not accept the "truth" of the bible. As an atheist, I feel a logical ANNOYANCE, but not a rage, towards those who refuse to use any kind of reasonable discourse with other individuals.

There ARE days where I do feel highly intolerant, however. There are days I wake up and, really, the last thing I want to deal with are credulous fools babbling their nonsensical BS to me. Those are days I wish I could just sew their mouths shut, just for a day, or for a few days, until I could calmly debate with them.

Ah well. I've never claimed to be a wholly rational man. I have the capacities, but I just don't always "feel" the desire to use them sometimes.

A lingering effect from religious brainwashing that taught me to act on impulse and cherish my own narrow-minded, self-assured perceptions? I have little doubt it is so.
I have nothing against stupid people; clinical stupidity is genetic or the result of accident or disease. Not entirely sure,but I don't think you can actually catch stupid. Because I'm not sure, I avoid such people as much as possible.

However,I'm VERY intolerant of the willfully pig ignorant. Here that tends to mean young earth creationist loons, Catholic apologist dropkicks and the odd fundy Muslim,whose depth of ignorance beggars belief .

DISCLAIMER: I'm NOT claiming such people are credulous and bloody mindedly ignorant BECAUSE of their beliefs,indeedly doodly not. I'm claiming it is their innate ignorance and credulity which has allowed them accept and keep such loopy beliefs,unmoved by prosaic factors such as reason and evidence. Thinking

WARNING,You CAN devlelop that peculiar fundy mindset with prolonged exposure. Psychiatrists call it 'folie a deux ' (which explains fundy offspring)

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Quote:Folie à deux (English pronunciation: /fɒˈli ə ˈduː/, from the French for "a madness shared by two") (or shared psychosis) is a[1] psychiatric syndrome in which symptoms of a delusional belief are transmitted from one individual to another. The same syndrome shared by more than two people may be called folie à trois, folie à quatre, folie en famille or even folie à plusieurs ("madness of many"). Recent psychiatric classifications refer to the syndrome as shared psychotic disorder (DSM-IV) (297.3) and induced delusional disorder (F.24) in the ICD-10, although the research literature largely uses the original name. The disorder was first conceptualized in 19th century French psychiatry.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folie_%C3%A0_deux
I don't really look at tolerance in that way.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(May 20, 2012 at 2:53 am)Creed of Heresy Wrote: Oh yes. Yes we are.

Of stupidity.

Y/N

I'm not intolerant when it comes to people who believe in god. Some are quite intelligent and do play a part in the advancement of science in many fields. It's the really stupid people who are so uneducated and closed minded that I'm intolerant of. Like those who argue against evolution even though they don't know a single thing about it, the fact that they can't be fucked to get off their arses and teach themselves and end up having a go at atheists because we understand and accept such scientific facts and they don't.

If you don't know about a certain subject, go do some fucking learning. It's not that hard.

I can't stand stupid people. Not generally the religious (even though I think they are all deluded), it's just that the most stupid people tend to be religious. Not interested in finding out what's true, only interested in what they want to be true.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(May 20, 2012 at 5:02 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: I don't really look at tolerance in that way.

I know, you see being tolerant as not killing people you don't like or just disagree with. Angel Cloud
(May 20, 2012 at 9:09 pm)padraic Wrote:
(May 20, 2012 at 5:02 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: I don't really look at tolerance in that way.

I know, you see being tolerant as not killing people you don't like or just disagree with. Angel Cloud

That is part of it, though.
Quote:That is part of it, though.

For me too, but not all of it. Cool Shades

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2206 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  An Extremely ( Annoying ) Truth HUMAN CREATURE 15 5169 October 24, 2013 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Zazzy
  Religion is extremely arrogant. Opsnyder 7 2954 July 5, 2012 at 8:34 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  Atheists are Intolerant DeeTee 232 62704 May 20, 2012 at 12:15 am
Last Post: Cyberman