Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 6:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Live from New York, It's Morganna!
Live from New York, It's Morganna!
And yes, I am fully aware just how cheesy that title it is. But I could not resist.

In other news, hello! I'm Morganna and am from the part of New York that is not, alas, New York City. I'm twenty-four years old, and I teach college composition at a private college.

My road to atheism has been long and winding, but if I am honest with myself, I believe it started the day when I stopped believing in Santa Claus. I'll admit that I only very recently started to call myself an atheist in my own head. And by very recently, I mean "within the past week." I hope you all don't mind a relatively recent convert joining you.

But all in all, I hope to read a lot here, learn a lot, and participate in some good discussions! It's such a pleasure to meet you all!
RE: Live from New York, It's Morganna!
Has no-one said hello yet? That'll never do!

Hello and welcome along Big Grin
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Welcome to the asylum.
Hey there and a warm welcome to you. Usually I'd welcome you in a polite, amusing yet disconcertingly creepy way so as to catch you off guard and determine your true character through your response but lack the energy to be creative tonight. I did however search for a video adequate for the purpose, this was what I came up with:

Nough said.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
Welcome aboard. Hope you know what you've let yourself in for.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Welcome. I hope this board may provide all kinds of interesting learning for you.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
I left NY for Arizona.

Better weather, lower cost....far stupider politicians.

Hello there.
(May 25, 2012 at 8:23 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I left NY for Arizona.

Better weather, lower cost....far stupider politicians.

Hello there.

... stupider huh? How long have you been living there exactly Mini?
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
Long enough to know that the IQ of the whole state legislature out here doesn't hit triple digits.
hello morganna from upstate. Smile
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hey from new york. goombah111 25 3201 October 29, 2016 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: goombah111
  Live From The Bible Belt Theoretical Skeptic 29 5564 May 7, 2015 at 1:57 am
Last Post: robvalue
  The descent had destroyed me, but yet, I live. WinterHold 20 2827 March 9, 2015 at 12:00 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  New New New Quid 23 4855 December 11, 2012 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Cyberman