Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing forum thread
Missing forum thread
I was just looking for a forum thread about the Kony 2012 campaign, but I can't seem to find it. If I recall correctly it was titled something like "More Kony Shit" and started by TheVOID. My post in this thread links to it, but when I follow the link it says "The specified thread does not exist." Was it merged with another or something? I made a post in there I wanted to re-read.

This is the direct link to the thread: http://atheistforums.org/thread-11845.html
RE: Missing forum thread
Hmmm. I don't recall that thread being messed with at all. Give me a moment and I will look into it.
I don't have a problem when I follow the link. I'm not sure what could be doing that. You might want to wait for tech savvy staff.
Don't know if third party corroboration will help very much, but the link doesn't work for me either.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Works for me. Hmmm. Strange.
It must be a conspiracy.
I wonder if it's relevant that Tempus and I are ordinary members while Shell and C-D are staff? Not suggesting any skulduggery goings-on or anything, just that it might have something to do with levels of access. I'm just spitballing; I know almost nothing about the more arcane mysteries of computers, or magic picture boxes as I call them.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(May 28, 2012 at 12:25 am)Stimbo Wrote: I wonder if it's relevant that Tempus and I are ordinary members while Shell and C-D are staff? Not suggesting any skulduggery goings-on or anything, just that it might have something to do with levels of access. I'm just spitballing; I know almost nothing about the more arcane mysteries of computers, or magic picture boxes as I call them.

Yeah, I see what you're saying - I know of know reason why this might be the case. And as a mere mod, I have no insight into the problem. Perhaps one of the admins might take a look.

Nah, there would be no reason why you couldn't see of which I am aware. You all have the same access as we do, save for very few areas. That thread is not restricted, from what I can tell. The link might be wacky. I know Tiberius is running some updates, perhaps tomorrow. That could solve the problem.
(May 28, 2012 at 12:51 am)Shell B Wrote: Nah, there would be no reason why you couldn't see of which I am aware. You all have the same access as we do, save for very few areas. That thread is not restricted, from what I can tell. The link might be wacky. I know Tiberius is running some updates, perhaps tomorrow. That could solve the problem.

If that's the case, it's probably best to wait til it's all done and see what the deal is.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curious about a missing member. Ravenshire 13 2426 May 27, 2018 at 3:59 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Please Make This Thread a Sticky in the Philosophy Forum Rhondazvous 1 1161 March 10, 2017 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Missing drafts (threads, not PMs) Aroura 13 2084 December 2, 2016 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Aroura
  Missing Quick Reply Box Excited Penguin 25 4003 November 22, 2016 at 8:36 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Missing Post(s) athrock 9 1727 December 15, 2015 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: athrock
  Suggestion: Birthday thread/Sub-forum Iroscato 20 3488 September 11, 2015 at 5:33 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  ABBA avatar missing. ATT ADMINS. Brian37 22 5819 December 3, 2013 at 6:43 am
Last Post: Brian37