Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 7:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kony 2012.... decide if it's a scam or not.
Kony 2012.... decide if it's a scam or not.
I watched the Kony video. Many of you have as well, i'm assuming. I just want to get other views on this matter by posting what I have read on this and see what you all think. Please feel free to criticize and object.

http://guyism.com/lifestyle/advice/kony-...-scam.html

http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/...ny/c3yil0i

I personally believe this is all just a huge scam designed to toy with our emotions and guilt trip us into partaking in this movement.

There is no such thing as a Christian child: only a child of Christian parents.

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

~Richard Dawkins~

Listen to Greydon Square. He will blow your mind.
RE: Kony 2012.... decide if it's a scam or not.
It's not a scam.
Alternately, you could use the search function to find a massive discussion on this very subject.

[Image: ani132.gif]

THE

[Image: tibbers_by_kxg_witcher-d422jpe.jpg]
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
This horse has been beaten to death. If one believes its a scam, then provide the evidence for that or if no evidence is provided, just don't support it. smple.

Quote:I personally believe this is all just a huge scam designed to toy with our emotions and guilt trip us into partaking in this movement.

I'll be happy if you show the evidence that lead you to believe its a scam.
The thread mentioned by Vaeolet is this one: http://atheistforums.org/thread-11845.html

A lot of people on these forums have already stated their opinions in there. Personally I doubt it's a scam in the sense of them just trying to get people's money. Invisible Children already have quite a long history of aid in Africa prior to Kony 2012. I don't think the way they went about executing the campaign was very good though. You can read my opinion in that thread if you're interested.
I think I'm the only person on this planet that didn't give two shits about this from the get go. I honestly really have no idea what it's about, haven't read anything on it or seen anything on it.
I'm with Mosrhun, though I'm familiar with it, I don't give two shits about it. If Kony is alive and still doing what he's been doing for the past 20 years, then hopefully someone will get him and either kill him or bring him to justice. But I don't think that buying wristbands is going to make that happen.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Depends on how large a warhead and how much fuel all that wristband money is going to pay for.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lewis Black on Trump 2012 Minimalist 16 4847 August 8, 2015 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  National geographic photo contest 2012 Dee Dee Ramone 4 2899 January 8, 2013 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Kayenneh
  Top 100 ‘Pictures of the Day’ for 2012 Rayaan 1 1078 December 29, 2012 at 4:45 am
Last Post: 5thHorseman
  2012 Pulitzer Prize Winner: Massoud Hossaini’s Breaking News Photography Koldaramor 2 1620 April 19, 2012 at 3:48 am
Last Post: Koldaramor
  KONY 2012: Part II - Beyond Famous Tiberius 0 956 April 5, 2012 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Bill Maher - Stupidest State 2012 Minimalist 5 5316 March 18, 2012 at 6:04 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Charlie Brooker looks at Kony 2012 downbeatplumb 13 5140 March 17, 2012 at 11:30 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Nibiru and Doomsday 2012 - Questions and Answers with David Morrison (NASA) Justtristo 6 4424 April 15, 2011 at 10:01 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Palin in 2012! leo-rcc 51 14275 December 7, 2009 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: chatpilot
  2012 Retorth 10 3503 August 26, 2009 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Giff