Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A newbie!
A newbie!
Hey all!

Umm...I'm not entirely sure what to say to a group of total strangers for an introduction, but here goes! I'm an atheist from Australia, both my parents are atheists, so my exposure to religion has been pretty minor for most of my life. Up until recently, I didn't care too much about the whole atheist thing, but now that I'm engaged to a wonderful guy (who is a catholic), I'm trying to figure out ways to balance both our beliefs when it comes to marriage, raising kids, etc.

In terms of a more general 'who am I' thingy' - I'm a 24 year old social worker that does part-time work for the local uni, I love my dogs and horses (expecting a foal soon - yippee!!), love reading (especially fantasy), enjoy painting and playing piano, and spend way more time than I should procrastinating (which is possibly another reason for me joining here Tongue)

Cheers,
Skye
[Image: ?action=view&current=Cover2.jpg]
RE: A newbie!
That's fina as an intoduction Big Grin

Welcome
Howdy!
Cunt
hello skyeblue. Big Grin
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
Welcome, Skyeblue Big Grin
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien
Hi Skye and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

"The Newbie is welcomed into the pack by its more experienced members and begins dining on flora to sustain its growth. It is blissfully unaware this commotion has alerted the other creatures of the wilderness and some of its most terrifying hunters. It does not notice the shadow on the horizon and the soft footsteps of an accomplished predator; The Magnificent Bastard. The average Bastard travels in packs and is commonly seen as nothing but a minor threat, this particular species of Bastard hunts alone utilizing stealth and tactics to make the kill and is considerably more manly. Slowly it makes its way towards its prey, the only warning the poor cub recieves is the faint rustle of leaves, the distant echo of creepy girlish giggling and the sound signifying it is far too late to run."

... Hi. :-)

"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
[Image: fresh-meat.jpg]

Hello, there.
[Image: Advice_Dog__42_by_MyFlameIsOn.png]

Welcome Smile Where abouts in Australia? (don't worry, the information is only used for stalking purposes)

Quote:I'm trying to figure out ways to balance both our beliefs when it comes to marriage, raising kids, etc.
My thoughts are that unless you respect (which, unlike toleration cannot be willed) their position on those and other matters it could be difficult. If you think your partner deluded on an important (to them or you) issue that could create tension. In your shoes I personally wouldn't be able to help but wonder if they think I'm destined for hell and, if so, why aren't they trying to save me? Don't they care? Ironically though, if they were trying to save me all the time that'd drive me nuts. Anyhow, welcome again!
Welcome. You say you have dogs and I want to believe you but until I see their pictures on the Pets thread I can't help but maintain myt skepticism.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey all... newbie decloaking! wchanley 33 3254 February 19, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Newbie from UK Lucian 4 818 September 9, 2022 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Newbie from UK Lucian 4 910 September 9, 2022 at 5:57 am
Last Post: Lucian
  Hi from a newbie here TrueNorth 16 1215 August 10, 2022 at 4:32 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Another newbie:) Agnostic1 7 910 November 18, 2021 at 10:12 am
Last Post: T.J.