Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most racist moment in Video Game history?
Most racist moment in Video Game history?
What is, in your oppinion, the most reacist moment in gaming histroy?
(other then people in online games popping off the "N word" every 10 seconds)

Here is my personal favourite Smile

Atheism is a non-prophet organisation. - A dusty old book that I found that must be completely true because someone wrote it down.
RE: Most racist moment in Video Game history?
Does "It's-a me: Mario!" count?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I think that title goes to the game "Ethnic Cleansing", which, among other things, requires you to run around killing black people and jews, as well as Ariel Sharon.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien
(June 17, 2012 at 5:07 pm)Tobie Wrote: I think that title goes to the game "Ethnic Cleansing", which, among other things, requires you to run around killing black people and jews, as well as Ariel Sharon.

O.o I thought you were joking, then I googled it. HOLY CRAP!
Atheism is a non-prophet organisation. - A dusty old book that I found that must be completely true because someone wrote it down.
Here's a video of reviews of three racist games, including ethnic cleansing.

http://blip.tv/heart-of-gaming/67-white-...ly-6191936

Alas, there is no footage of these games in the actual video. It's just the audio over stock footage of the civil rights movement and WW2.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Well, how about Dawn of War(40K, on PC)? I enjoyed putting swastikas on my space marine's pauldrons and using them to cleanse and purge all aliens, mutants and heretics as the nasty space nazis they are.

(June 17, 2012 at 5:07 pm)Tobie Wrote: I think that title goes to the game "Ethnic Cleansing", which, among other things, requires you to run around killing black people and jews, as well as Ariel Sharon.
It's also the name of a NS punk band from America.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
I think the point of the topic has more to do with the games themselves having racist elements, as opposed to various ways the players can project their own racism into the game. I used to like spelling dirty words with Alphabetti Spaghetti but I wouldn't go so far as to say there are perverted hidden messages in every tin.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(June 21, 2012 at 7:42 am)Stimbo Wrote: I think the point of the topic has more to do with the games themselves having racist elements, as opposed to various ways the players can project their own racism into the game. I used to like spelling dirty words with Alphabetti Spaghetti but I wouldn't go so far as to say there are perverted hidden messages in every tin.

Well, Warhammer 40k setting is already very racist in itself. Especially looking at things from a human or eldar perspective. On the other hand, some races are rather very egalitarian, you probably know if you are interested in it. Like Necrons and Tyranids, they want to eliminate or nomnom you regardless of what you are, being alive is enough for them I guess.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
I liked playing for the greater good, because... robots and kroot squads!
(June 24, 2012 at 3:39 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: I liked playing for the greater good, because... robots and kroot squads!

Those damn stealth suits! I found orks or the chaos marines the most fun.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Fantasy 3 video game Sweden83 1 1192 March 12, 2022 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  Video Game Reviews T.J. 10 1941 November 17, 2021 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: T.J.
  Video game frame rates??? Jehanne 8 757 February 26, 2018 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  My Homemade Video Game Mechaghostman2 9 3016 August 24, 2017 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  Neil Tyson "making" video game Fake Messiah 1 592 July 22, 2017 at 12:51 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  What is the weirdest video game you've ever played? Edwardo Piet 23 2842 February 23, 2017 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Favorite video game soundtracks/songs/scores ApeNotKillApe 89 12498 January 30, 2017 at 11:21 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Most overrated game? KevinM1 76 7445 August 26, 2016 at 5:01 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Most underrated game Losty 44 4020 May 17, 2016 at 3:13 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Name of the sarcastic video trivia game? Brian37 5 1361 November 26, 2015 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Brian37