Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fox Hunting
Fox Hunting
Personally, I think it's a barbaric, archaic, primitive, disgusting, base, elitist and revolting excuse for sheer blood lust.

What about you?
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: Fox Hunting
Same. It's disgusting.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
I probably wouldn't do it, but I have nothing against it.
Nothing against hunting feral animals....Dodgy sorry but foxes (along with cats and dogs) ARE a feral animal here and cause no end of devastation to our native wild life.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I recognise the need to keep numbers under control. The methodology of how it is conducted sickens me thou.
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
Why not? Is it not fun to go horse riding, with the hounds, to chase a very cunning feral animal?? Every one wins!!

"Hunting to reduce feral animal numbers" gets a thumbs up from me. Thumb up
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Yeah, but the hounds often tear them apart. Tisn't too nice. Tongue

Oh, and foxes are cute aswell. Big Grin
Cunt
(June 18, 2012 at 6:55 am)frankiej Wrote: Yeah, but the hounds often tear them apart. Tisn't too nice. Tongue

If they are a pest I'm fine with the idea of having their numbers reduced. Humane traps and the like. Not sending dogs to rip them apart. Can't see the point in it except for mindless fun.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
I'll have to disagree with Kichi on this one.

Whilst foxes are a major problem in Oz the answer is trapping or baits.

Not pursuing some poor terrified animal all over the countryside like some pompous prat( which most of them are).

I put foxhunting in the same class of barbarity as badger baiting and bullfighting.Angry

I once saw a video of a badger being attacked by dogs for the entertainment of the dogs owners.

How anyone can class that as entertainment is beyond me.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(June 18, 2012 at 6:55 am)frankiej Wrote: Yeah, but the hounds often tear them apart. Tisn't too nice. Tongue

Foxes are far from "cute" frankiej. They are a pest species here and for that reason alone I would advocate "Hunting" As for the pompous prats in England... well they are twats and not worthy of comment or recognition imho. Foxes ARE a part of the European ecosystem and there for are subject to it's laws. Our emotions have no bearing on the matter.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apartment hunting rant Jackalope 58 6792 September 6, 2014 at 7:20 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Apartment Hunting wolf39us 10 1641 January 14, 2014 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: wolf39us
  Apartment Hunting wolf39us 7 1364 December 24, 2013 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: Raeven