Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions for American Atheists
Questions for American Atheists
I could really use as many responses as possible. These questions are for atheists legally permitted to vote in the 2012 general election. Will you vote in 2012? If yes, who will you vote for?
[Image: questionc.jpg]
RE: Questions for American Atheists
I don't.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I'll vote. For Gary Johnson.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
It depends. I believe I'm in a swing state, so if the race looks close, I might step out to vote. I have, however, become pretty disillusioned with the voting process, so I may just cast my vote as a non-vote.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I'll vote Democrat, but only because the Republicans are the opposite of what I would want and no third party has a chance in hell. Voting for a third party is a wasted vote. That's true whether we like it or not. The president will either be a Democrat or a Republican.

But, Paul! If enough people vote for the third party... blah blah blah. They won't.
We wouldn't be here if a bunch of wish thinking reptiles didn't vote for Ralph Nader in 2000.
(June 27, 2012 at 3:43 pm)Paul the Human Wrote: I'll vote Democrat, but only because the Republicans are the opposite of what I would want and no third party has a chance in hell. Voting for a third party is a wasted vote. That's true whether we like it or not. The president will either be a Democrat or a Republican.

But, Paul! If enough people vote for the third party... blah blah blah. They won't.

Came here to be pragmatic old man, you said it before I could.

Third party votes are a waste if the bigger foe is organized (IE Republicans).

But hey, to all you guys who are "I'm not gonna vote" -

I'm fairly certain you'll be happy with what either side dishes up. Right? Right? No?

You have a bigger evil to consider? Good.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
I will also cast my vote for Gary Johnson. My vote will not be wasted; it's my vote and I'll vote based on my principles. The idea that my vote is wasted because the candidate that aligns best with my principles has very little chance of winning is absurd.

It's as if I went to a restaurant where everyone gets a burger, but the one spread that everyone gets will be decided on votes cast by all the patrons. The choices are mustard, cat shit, and chicken shit. I know ahead of time that I will likely be forced to eat shit because of the popularity of the shit eater choices and will admit that cat shit is more palatable than chicken shit, but I want mustard.

The wasted vote argument requires me to choose cat shit, because I find it more agreeable than chicken shit, but I'm still going to have to eat shit. I'll take my chances with mustard in the absurd hope that a slim majority of other patrons are tired of eating shit.
Yes and I'll vote for Obama.

Romney is a worthless piece of crud and he was still better than any of the other fucking jackasses who competed for the republibertarianeo-conazi nomination.
(June 27, 2012 at 4:14 pm)cato123 Wrote: The wasted vote argument requires me to choose cat shit, because I find it more agreeable than chicken shit, but I'm still going to have to eat shit. I'll take my chances with mustard in the absurd hope that a slim majority of other patrons are tired of eating shit.

If the majority loves shit, what makes you think they'll lose their minds and pick mustard over two kinds of shit? They can pick one shit or another.

There's an absurd hope here alright.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why do we hate the American military institution? WinterHold 16 873 November 23, 2021 at 1:40 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1469 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1736 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  American imagery from movies from 90s and 80s Sweden83 8 1587 December 5, 2020 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Police in USA arent racist, its just American culture is all Ramus932 10 841 June 14, 2020 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Zepp
  "The American Dream" is just a myth we tell ourselves Foxaèr 45 4181 April 20, 2019 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  I like that American left are miserable Snora 82 6959 March 24, 2019 at 7:47 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Venezuela and Saudi Arabia in the eyes of the American one-eyed foreign policy WinterHold 9 1370 February 4, 2019 at 10:04 am
Last Post: Yonadav
  Why are you American people, careless? A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 27 2184 September 11, 2018 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  What would you change about the American public school system? Bahana 53 6088 April 17, 2018 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0