Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I had alcohol for the first time in my life.
I had alcohol for the first time in my life.
It's pretty damn awesome, if also completely gag inducing. I spent most of the night asking my family questions I'd never even thought to ask of them before, hearing awesome and sad and horrible and upsetting and hilarious stories told by various people, hugging people both when I became tipsy and with my standard wiggle hug that nearly toppled them over, and feeling warmer than every other person there (we took a short dip in the inlet, I barely registered the same cold that was making them all bitch).

Damn but I'm an adorable drunk. I actually can't wait to do that again, the drinking is totally optional on my part, but I want to be able to have that kind of emotional connection with my family.

So I got a little dirty getting up the bluff, and a little more dirty getting down, and I took a full body dip in the inlet. So fucking what? I had a blast, and I realize that if I simply do not register the dirt and the challenge of the climb, and just do it... I won't even notice that shit Smile

I'm officially done caring about so much shit... sure, I harbor a few feelings of insecurity, of severe disappointment, of embarrassment, of resentment, and other such shit... but this was an amazing night for me, and most of those feelings have faded far away.

I intend to keep it that way. Stay fuzzy, yall.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
RE: I had alcohol for the first time in my life.
You have a long and fun road ahead of you.
Cunt
(July 7, 2012 at 3:32 pm)frankiej Wrote: You have a long and fun road ahead of you.

You can be part of it for only 4.99 a minute Wink
Ah, the world of drugs.

Remember whom you do drugs with and choose wisely.

A good buddy can guide you out of a bad trip, while an enemy can take advantage.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(July 7, 2012 at 3:37 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: Ah, the world of drugs.

Remember whom you do drugs with and choose wisely.

Yessir, brother. Smile

Quote:A good buddy can guide you out of a bad trip, while an enemy can take advantage.

And it's so hard to know on the surface which camp a person is in... until it happens...

And that's where trust really starts to blossom Blush or is exterminated entirely.
Congratulations. Just wait until you drink too much for the first time. Your opinion of alcohol might change a bit.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(July 7, 2012 at 3:43 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Congratulations. Just wait until you drink too much for the first time. Your opinion of alcohol might change a bit.

Won't ever happen. I've had bad enough experiences when sober.
Re: I had alcohol for the first time in my life.
Awesome sis! You GO girl! Big Grin
(July 7, 2012 at 3:31 pm)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote: It's pretty damn awesome, if also completely gag inducing. I spent most of the night asking my family questions I'd never even thought to ask of them before, hearing awesome and sad and horrible and upsetting and hilarious stories told by various people, hugging people both when I became tipsy and with my standard wiggle hug that nearly toppled them over, and feeling warmer than every other person there (we took a short dip in the inlet, I barely registered the same cold that was making them all bitch).

Damn but I'm an adorable drunk. I actually can't wait to do that again, the drinking is totally optional on my part, but I want to be able to have that kind of emotional connection with my family.

So I got a little dirty getting up the bluff, and a little more dirty getting down, and I took a full body dip in the inlet. So fucking what? I had a blast, and I realize that if I simply do not register the dirt and the challenge of the climb, and just do it... I won't even notice that shit Smile

I'm officially done caring about so much shit... sure, I harbor a few feelings of insecurity, of severe disappointment, of embarrassment, of resentment, and other such shit... but this was an amazing night for me, and most of those feelings have faded far away.

I intend to keep it that way. Stay fuzzy, yall.

Be careful with this. There is nothing wrong with letting lose. But alcohol is a drug just like nicotine. I wouldn't depend on it every time you get stressed. And I can tell you having been 17 myself at one time, I did some really stupid shit because "I didn't care" and was having fun getting drunk.

Life is not a movie. You can lose your inhibitions and do stuff you normally would not do in a lucid state. Jails are full of people who "just wanted to have fun" and people can and do get others physically harmed or killed because of booze.

You are way too young to say " damn that was fun". I thought that too when I had my parties. But if my drinking buddies had drove home drunk, or killed someone, not only would have I been in trouble, but my mother as well, who was a retired teacher.

I look back at it now and youth is a horrible thing to go through. We want to be ourselves, but we want to fit in, and we want to release all the angst around us.

I'm not going to say don't drink ever, just wait till you are legal, because at some point you will be of legal age. I will say, EVERYTHING in moderation, and don't use booze as a crutch. Nothing is worth losing your drivers license or freedom, "just to have fun".
(July 7, 2012 at 4:54 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Be careful with this. There is nothing wrong with letting lose. But alcohol is a drug just like nicotine. I wouldn't depend on it every time you get stressed. And I can tell you having been 17 myself at one time, I did some really stupid shit because "I didn't care" and was having fun getting drunk.

Life is not a movie. You can lose your inhibitions and do stuff you normally would not do in a lucid state. Jails are full of people who "just wanted to have fun" and people can and do get others physically harmed or killed because of booze.

You are way too young to say " damn that was fun". I thought that too when I had my parties. But if my drinking buddies had drove home drunk, or killed someone, not only would have I been in trouble, but my mother as well, who was a retired teacher.

I look back at it now and youth is a horrible thing to go through. We want to be ourselves, but we want to fit in, and we want to release all the angst around us.

I'm not going to say don't drink ever, just wait till you are legal, because at some point you will be of legal age. I will say, EVERYTHING in moderation, and don't use booze as a crutch. Nothing is worth losing your drivers license or freedom, "just to have fun".

Pfft, ignore this buzzkill. Let us get smashed!
Cunt

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 805 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  First-time, non-violent criminals do not belong in prison. Jehanne 25 1548 August 29, 2022 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  What Happened to All the Alcohol? Rhondazvous 27 3072 May 23, 2020 at 6:34 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  had had and the lexical ambiguity Rhizomorph13 4 356 March 4, 2020 at 4:14 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I never had hangover. purplepurpose 15 1353 February 25, 2020 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If Jesus had ascended into Heaven... Jehanne 23 2084 May 13, 2019 at 7:38 am
Last Post: madog
  I had no idea my ex wife was in the neighborhood onlinebiker 3 542 January 21, 2019 at 9:35 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  You had one job! Mr.Obvious 7 1243 December 7, 2018 at 8:31 am
Last Post: viocjit
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4173 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Anyone else had an AF meet up? About to lose my virginity Whateverist 52 8600 April 29, 2018 at 9:12 am
Last Post: Whateverist