Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 4:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just receieved a 419 email
just receieved a 419 email
I've posted it here (and on three other forums) in case someone wants to play with them

Quote:My Dear One,
I am rashida bahar(Alhaja),46 years old and I have lost my husband who worked with our kuwaith Embassy for 9 years before his death.Please i need you to help me to do some charity work with the money he left for me in one of the prime bank here in Ivory caost.The money is $6,500,000.00 and it is still in the bank. I promise to give you 25%.i need a muslem person to do the work for me,My husband relatives are not muslems thats why i contacted you.
Recently my doctor told me that i have only but 3 months to die,due to my cancer illness.Am also suffering from stroke.
Thanks you and may Allah bless you. reply me here for more information: ([email protected] )
Regards,
rashida bahar.
RE: just receieved a 419 email
3 months to die, huh? What happens after that? She springs back to life?

Hey! Maybe Jesus was a Nigerian scammer! Confusedhock:
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
I hate spammers (never heard that kinda shit called a "419" mail though). !

I get loads of those kind of things ... my reaction depends on my mood but I always thought it would be fun to start stringing them along.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
There's actually people who do that as a hobby:

http://www.419eater.com/
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
(July 1, 2009 at 1:41 am)Kyuuketsuki Wrote: I hate spammers (never heard that kinda shit called a "419" mail though). !

I get loads of those kind of things ... my reaction depends on my mood but I always thought it would be fun to start stringing them along.

Kyu

This only the second one I've ever received,hence my reaction..(I may have mentioned I'm a little paranoid about security)

From Wiki:

Quote:An advance-fee fraud is a confidence trick in which the target is persuaded to advance sums of money in the hope of realizing a significantly larger gain.[1] Among the variations on this type of scam, are the Nigerian Letter (also called the 419 fraud, Nigerian scam, Nigerian bank scam, or Nigerian money offer[2]),[3] the Spanish Prisoner, the Black money scam as well as Russian/Ukrainian scam (also extremely widespread, though far less popular than the former). Both the so-called Russian and Nigerian scams stand for wholly dissimilar organised crime traditions, they therefore tend to use altogether different breeds of approaches.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance-fee_fraud

9999999999999999999999999999---------------------------------999999999999999999999999999

My response to the scammer:

Quote: Re: Your forward fees scam

Thank you you so much for your e mail. I like to begin each day with a good laugh.

EVEN if you were genuine:

I'm NOT Muslim,but atheist..

Although I'm not rich, I do not want or need money..

I don't know you,we are not related. I really don't care if you are dying from something painful and disgusting, get run over by a tank,or simply burst into flames.

IF you are a Muslim,you are disgrace.I hope you are punished under Sharia law.

I have forwarded your email to INTERPOL and THE AUSTRALIAN FEDERAL POLICE. With luck you should be hearing from them soon.
I e-mail them back and say I will help them. All they have to do is to send $50 in good faith money to my Paypal account to prove they are not Nigerian. Sometimes I tell them I am an investor who does inside trading and I can triple their money in a month. All they have to do is to send it to my Paypal account.
"On Earth as it is in Heaven, the Cosmic Roots of the Bible" available on the Amazon.
That's almost as funny as the email I received from a "Dr. Dike Ubaka" about eight years ago offering me 15 % of his amassed fortune if I only gave out my bank information (which I didn't have since I was a preteen at the time??)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I Just Say and I'm just being honest (Holiday Edition) Mystical 9 2182 November 25, 2016 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  Recieved this email from Christianforums.com... Napoléon 24 2865 July 30, 2015 at 3:15 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Look at the Email Grassfire Sent me Today! Rahul 11 3269 July 7, 2013 at 4:30 am
Last Post: Angrboda