Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
True Freedom
True Freedom
Hello my name is Kenny,

I believe in true freedom that means that everyone have a right to believe in what they believe in. We were created to be free and I do not agree that anyone have a right to tell anyone else to believe in something or to not believe in something.

Belief in anything is a choice that we should be free to make. We should embrace the fact we have a choice to believe in God or to not believe.

Unfortunately a lot of people does not have a choice. That is what make me sad. We can point fingers all day at each other but the truth is some people have a choice to believe in anything they want and some don't.

My political views are independent, I believe in freedom, I do not want to be a robot controlled by the media, and I do not want to be told that I shouldn't believe in what I believe in. If you ask what my belief system is, that system is called freedom.
RE: True Freedom
I don't think I could choose to believe in a god. I am an atheist because it is the only reasonable position to me.

Oh, welcome. Big Grin
Cunt
Quote:I believe in freedom

Life must be an endless disappointment for you.
(August 11, 2012 at 4:07 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:I believe in freedom

Life must be an endless disappointment for you.

Its not a disappointment at all for me because it is a choice to feel disappointed just like a choice to be free. Smile
We always have a choice, never forget that.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
(August 11, 2012 at 4:17 pm)freedomfighter Wrote:
(August 11, 2012 at 4:07 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Life must be an endless disappointment for you.

Its not a disappointment at all for me because it is a choice to feel disappointed just like a choice to be free. Smile

Nah, I can't really agree with you here. You can't really help feeling disappointment. Feelings are not something that are easily controlled.

I am never disappointed because my expectations are very low, but that isn't really something I can help. Tongue
Cunt
[/quote]

Nah, I can't really agree with you here. You can't really help feeling disappointment. Feelings are not something that are easily controlled.
[/quote]

I agree with you that feelings is something that can not be easily controlled but you said it yourself it is not "easily" controlled.

It is not easy at all to control our feelings but I believe that we are free to choose our feelings. If we are sad can we do something to make us happy?

Especially when we get angry at something, it is very hard to control my anger sometimes. It is not "easy" but is something we can choose to change, I know its not easy but its possible.
Hi and welcome to AF! ^_^

I can agree with you that freedom is vital, but as I see it, the biggest threat to freedom is ignorance. And when that ignorance and the believes that stem from it threatens my freedom, I will not stay silent.

(On another note, when quoting, (quote) begins the quote when (/quote) ends it (replace (x) with [x]). The posts stay a bit prettier that way Wink)
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(August 11, 2012 at 5:19 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: Hi and welcome to AF! ^_^

I can agree with you that freedom is vital, but as I see it, the biggest threat to freedom is ignorance. And when that ignorance and the believes that stem from it threatens my freedom, I will not stay silent.

(On another note, when quoting, (quote) begins the quote when (/quote) ends it (replace (x) with [x]). The posts stay a bit prettier that way Wink)

I believe I got it now! thanks lol
Thank you!
(August 11, 2012 at 4:27 pm)freedomfighter Wrote: I agree with you that feelings is something that can not be easily controlled but you said it yourself it is not "easily" controlled.

It is not easy at all to control our feelings but I believe that we are free to choose our feelings. If we are sad can we do something to make us happy?

Especially when we get angry at something, it is very hard to control my anger sometimes. It is not "easy" but is something we can choose to change, I know its not easy but its possible.

We don't choose our feelings, that isn't the choice. The choice we must make is what to do with those feelings. Should on act of them or not?
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tsunami of Freedom tof 3 552 November 24, 2023 at 5:38 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Hello fellow true thinkers darkwood 22 6793 July 23, 2014 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko