Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Like it or not, God is immoral.

This clip shows how man has defined morality. I generally agree with it as it closely resembles the morality shown in all the holy books. I see them as closely resembling the golden rule.

http://blog.ted.com/2008/09/17/the_real_differ/

This clip show how what I see as a good representation of moral men judging God’s morality. I agree with their verdict and judge God to be immoral.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx7irFN2gdI

From the above and from all that we know of God as depicted in the Bible, one can only conclude that God is immoral.

All those with intelligence who can discern moral actions from immoral actions will agree.

Moral actions for this exercise will be those issues where God interacts with humans.

If you do not agree that God is immoral from what you have heard above, then give your reason and I will show that God chose the immoral path in whatever action you choose to use as your example of his moral action. That or I will show that any of his altruistic acts are self-serving.

Regards
DL
RE: Like it or not, God is immoral.
Yep, hes right.
I am. Sorry.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
I am actually always saying if he is god he is neither moral or immoral.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
Op If there was a god, you would be right.
I posted this on Christian forums with regards to the video and a person asking me what I think we can learn from the story of the Pharaoh and Moses:

(warning it's long: TL: DR, put's hope in aspiration of God interfering, put's God on your side, no detail explanation of how establish justice and just government was taught in the holy books, and divine interference was seen as the way out of oppression in the past)

Well, I think we can learn that humans yearn that God interferes in the world, and treats their enemies severely.

We can see this to be the case, in Islam, where they believe every Jew will be killed on the planet eventually (due to some hadith in Bukhari) but they believe this is with divine intervention, where even rocks will speak out and say where a Jew is hiding (same hadith).

The awaited Mahdi in Islam shows people want God to deal with the "oppressors" and those "whom support oppressors" with deadly violence, and the justice will prevail.

I think this story put's hope in human aspirations. And it's meant to give the idea that Isrealites were God's chosen people as well that in the future, God will intefere again to bring world justice.

I think it's unrealistic. I think God doesn't interfere.

I know in Quran, the story is narrated, to show that God wants to bestow favor upon those deemed weak in the land and to make them the leaders.

Muslims are awaiting when oppressed defeat the oppressors and establish justice.

But you know what.

Neither the Torah or the Gospel or the Quran, gave any detailed way for us humans to establish a just society, with a just government.

I would say the closest sacred text that get's to that, is some Shia hadiths, there is hadiths about when a leader rises, to make sure he is just and good and knowledgabe and sincere, in that he won't take power for himself....look for his qualities, make sure he is good, know him well, before you follow him... that sort of thing.

But even that is not a system for justice, because as we know, power corrupts (often, not always but almost always).

I honestly see it as stage of humanity where people are lost in oppression and see the need of God to interfere.

I would say it would've been better for "leaders" to have thought things through, try to come up with a system of justice, then to simply give this false hope of God one day making everything better.

Yes they will fail, but it's better to try...

Shias for a long time, taught to do absolutely nothing, until the Mahdi comes. To do Taqiya under oppression.

One man named Ruhallah (Spirit of God)[ Khomeini] comes up with a different idea and we see a revolution occurred. Unfortunately, with the whole God interfering, they believe they are God's people, being Shiite Muslims, the true righteous people favored by God...and they have us vs them mentality.

This "us vs them" mentality is obviously there with the Jews in the past. They wanted to narrate stories of God taking their sides. Them defeating great nations.

The Shiites have always been oppressed and take their hope in the Mahdi. The story of Moses is the most repeated story in the Quran.

IT seemed Mohammad loved the idea of God inteferring and he himself, thought, he can bring his ideas of justice and goodness, if people believed God intefered.

HE told them Angels would help them in battle fields, gave them confidence, and it worked.

They felt God was on their side. IT lead the oppressed out of oppression. The rich were disgraced and the poor were honored and taken care of. The orphans had a father to take care of them.

Back then people didn't know how to establish justice, unless, going through this divine route.

The Shias themselves saw no way out of injustice but to put hope that each of the Imams of Ahlebayt would be that Mahdi to bring justice and be victorious.

It went down to the 11th Imam, and where he a child or not, I don't know, but he was believed to be the father of the awaited Mahdi.

We been under dictators and scumbags, and Sunnis being under propaganda of dictators, had tons of hadiths not to rise up against oppressors.

I don't know....there is a lot to learn from all this.

Most of the world (Muslims + Christians + Jews) are awaiting a Messiah, a Saviour, a Divine King, but it's not going to happen.

We need to leave this "we are the righteous people of God, the chosen people" mentality.

IT's that mentality of God interfering to take sides that leads us to so much oppression and injustice.
(September 12, 2012 at 7:04 am)Greatest I am Wrote: Like it or not, God is immoral.

This clip shows how man has defined morality. I generally agree with it as it closely resembles the morality shown in all the holy books. I see them as closely resembling the golden rule.

http://blog.ted.com/2008/09/17/the_real_differ/

This clip show how what I see as a good representation of moral men judging God’s morality. I agree with their verdict and judge God to be immoral.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx7irFN2gdI

From the above and from all that we know of God as depicted in the Bible, one can only conclude that God is immoral.

All those with intelligence who can discern moral actions from immoral actions will agree.

Moral actions for this exercise will be those issues where God interacts with humans.

If you do not agree that God is immoral from what you have heard above, then give your reason and I will show that God chose the immoral path in whatever action you choose to use as your example of his moral action. That or I will show that any of his altruistic acts are self-serving.

Regards
DL

Again, If morality is the ever changing standard of man, then man can judge anything moral or immoral. So, men have judged God Immoral.. So, what?
Well put Drich, if they only understood what real judgement was they would be much less likely to judge the Perfect One.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
So, if god is perfectly moral, does that mean we are supposed run around committing adultery and dashing babies heads against rocks?

How about making deals with Satan to kill off someone's family?

What a truly horrible world this would be if we adopted the morality of your god!
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
Quote:So, what?

So, you worship a dick.
(September 12, 2012 at 11:48 pm)Godschild Wrote: Well put Drich, if they only understood what real judgement was they would be much less likely to judge the Perfect One.

Yep. Agreed. Drich nailed it succinctly.

One person thinks God is moral.

Another thinks God is immoral

So what? What have you achieved?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jerry Falwell Jnr "not a christian" and wanted to prove himself to not be like Snr GUBU 18 1962 November 1, 2022 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Hi, I would like to tell you about Jesus Christ, the only way to God JacquelineDeane55 78 21058 June 10, 2017 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Could God's creation be like His omniscience? Whateverist 19 5985 May 18, 2017 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Do I sound like the "devil" to you? My mother thinks I speak like the devil... ReptilianPeon 60 9326 July 6, 2016 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  So what do you Christians like about your god belief/religion? Whateverist 44 9941 November 14, 2015 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Sounds to Me Like God Said Minimalist 22 4170 October 18, 2015 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: pgrimes15
  The bible and you (god is immoral) dyresand 15 4625 September 5, 2015 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Do Christians think BDSM is Immoral EgoRaptor 12 2810 January 13, 2014 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: EgoRaptor
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12463 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  How is Yahweh not immoral? Darkstar 156 37760 November 29, 2012 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: catfish