Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God approves of evolution
God approves of evolution
From needing to be baptised to not at all.

From feeling abandoned to feeling like a victorious man-on-a-mission.

These are two examples that I can think of from the top of my head. Maybe also the thing about the trinity where Jesus says in John "I and the Father are one" or something along those lines, but I'm not entirely sure about the arguments for and against.

It would be great if you could help me compile a list of verses that explicitly show the evolution of the Jesus story. I'm compiling this list and also a list of parallels between trivial verses in Mark and the OT/epistles as part of my research.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
RE: God approves of evolution
??? the evolution of what??
(September 18, 2012 at 11:12 pm)Drich Wrote: ??? the evolution of what??

The rumours about Jesus.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
(September 18, 2012 at 11:22 pm)FallentoReason Wrote:
(September 18, 2012 at 11:12 pm)Drich Wrote: ??? the evolution of what??

The rumours about Jesus.

I still don't know what you mean...
For baptism is still required, Christ just added a the Spiritual element to Baptism.

and in the last words of Christ why can't both be true?
In John it's not all that clear that Jesus was actually baptised by him.

The two things I quoted from the cross are arguably mutually exclusive. How can Jesus be clueless as to why God has abandoned him and then the next minute he says 'it is finished' like he knew what was happening all along?
(September 18, 2012 at 11:32 pm)FallentoReason Wrote: In John it's not all that clear that Jesus was actually baptised by him.

The two things I quoted from the cross are arguably mutually exclusive. How can Jesus be clueless as to why God has abandoned him and then the next minute he says 'it is finished' like he knew what was happening all along?

Could be that when Jesus cried out to the Father, all sin was being placed upon Him, when He said it was finished it could be He had received all sin upon Him and died from the burden.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(September 19, 2012 at 1:40 am)Godschild Wrote:
(September 18, 2012 at 11:32 pm)FallentoReason Wrote: In John it's not all that clear that Jesus was actually baptised by him.

Could be that when Jesus cried out to the Father, all sin was being placed upon Him, when He said it was finished it could be He had received all sin upon Him and died from the burden.

Could be that the story that had been circulating for forty years had undergone some exaggerations and changes as it was passed from pillar to post before eventually being written down by some anonymous Greek authors who had no affiliation with anyone involved in the event other than the stories they had heard from the churches they, no doubt attended.
(September 19, 2012 at 1:43 am)Dumac Dwarfking Wrote:
(September 19, 2012 at 1:40 am)Godschild Wrote: Could be that when Jesus cried out to the Father, all sin was being placed upon Him, when He said it was finished it could be He had received all sin upon Him and died from the burden.

Could be that the story that had been circulating for forty years had undergone some exaggerations and changes as it was passed from pillar to post before eventually being written down by some anonymous Greek authors who had no affiliation with anyone involved in the event other than the stories they had heard from the churches they, no doubt attended.

Strange how people can believe that the story of Christ changed so much in a short time after His resurrection, yet in the last 2000 years has not changed at all.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(September 19, 2012 at 1:51 am)Godschild Wrote:
(September 19, 2012 at 1:43 am)Dumac Dwarfking Wrote: Could be that the story that had been circulating for forty years had undergone some exaggerations and changes as it was passed from pillar to post before eventually being written down by some anonymous Greek authors who had no affiliation with anyone involved in the event other than the stories they had heard from the churches they, no doubt attended.

Strange how people can believe that the story of Christ changed so much in a short time after His resurrection, yet in the last 2000 years has not changed at all.

Funny how that happens once it's written down...
Even once it was written down they couldn't decide how the story went. Mark has 3 different ending after verse 8.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians - Should it be legal to own slaves since God approves? catman 65 12061 January 31, 2014 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Tripwire
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12466 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 6706 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad
  Catholic church approves "Confession" app for iphone Nitsuj 12 4727 July 25, 2011 at 9:39 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger