Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ANy Books recommended from atheist literature
ANy Books recommended from atheist literature
Dear All,

Can someone please single out some good reads from the atheist literature? (I know I am being lazy asking you guys instead of searching for them myself.) Thanks a bunch.
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."
RE: ANy Books recommended from atheist literature
God is not Great - Christopher Hitchens
The End of Faith by Sam Harris.
Personally, it's not God I dislike, it's his fan club I can't stand.
The Skeptic's guide to the bible. - Ruth H. Green.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
50 Reasons people give for believing in a god - Guy P. Harrison
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
God the Failed Hypothesis - Victor Stenger
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
The Portable Athesits, a collection of essays throughout history. They are somewhat arranged to address various arguments against design/designer as well as first cause/ prime mover throughout the ages. It then goes to the silly moral and philosophical arguments.

Hitchens.
"On Earth as it is in Heaven, the Cosmic Roots of the Bible" available on the Amazon.
The God Delusion - Richard Dawkins.

EvF

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Panel Discussion on Personally Influential Books Neo-Scholastic 20 2387 November 20, 2018 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  English Language Books in Germany Rhondazvous 2 451 September 9, 2018 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Minimilist and others...can you recommend books? Mystic 5 639 April 17, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Is there any "atheist values" like "Christian values"? ErGingerbreadMandude 37 2875 January 7, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Motivational books? Tea Earl Grey Hot 73 7480 March 24, 2017 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Read any good books lately? chimp3 35 2728 October 22, 2016 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Who Are Your Favorite Fictional Characters (tv, movies, literature etc.)? Kernel Sohcahtoa 93 8605 September 20, 2016 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Top 25: The Best Books I Discovered In 2015 Mudhammam 1 1612 December 28, 2015 at 6:33 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Halloween as a celebration of literature? ReptilianPeon 0 620 October 31, 2015 at 2:52 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  What are the best Childrens books you know of? ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE 1 614 July 22, 2015 at 10:38 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye