Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neil Tysons warning to America
Neil Tysons warning to America
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oxTMUTOz...re=related
undefined
RE: Neil Tysons warning to America
I love this guy Big Grin
It faded in and out around 8:20. I take it the footage was truncated?
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Damn, I don't have a sound driver at work and can't listen to it.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(October 8, 2012 at 11:46 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: Damn, I don't have a sound driver at work and can't listen to it.

Essentially, he says.
Look at all the wonderful things that the Arab world did for mankind. Amazing! But only up until the 12th century, when Islam took hold and shut down all R&D (Research & development).

Now look at yourselves. All the wonderful things the US is giving to the world. Do you really want to go the muslim way and shut down all R&D?
The arab world was a fountain of knowledge at their time. Geez, I wonder what messed that up?
Essentially he points out that religions which are dominated by ignorant shits.....modern islam and fundie xtians.... will have us living in caves if left to their own devices while kowtowing to their invisible sky-daddy's.

But its worth listening to as Tyson makes the points pretty well.
Ahhh, I've heard him make that point before. I love that man.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Why is it - rhetorical - that everyone understands the truth of all this except the believers and defenders of the faith? Good vid.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(October 8, 2012 at 12:03 pm)LastPoet Wrote: The arab world was a fountain of knowledge at their time. Geez, I wonder what messed that up?

Certain theologians saying that mathematics was from the devil.
undefined

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  America’s Changing Religious Landscape. Jehanne 14 3260 January 29, 2018 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Ken Ham Hits Back Against Neil deGrasse Tyson's Claim Dolorian 21 5643 September 9, 2014 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Jaysyn
  Why does North America have the most Atheists? greekGod 13 3052 August 20, 2014 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
Bug Rant on the "Soul-Making" Theodicy- WARNING MAY INDUCE VOMITING StealthySkeptic 13 3611 July 19, 2014 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: StealthySkeptic
  What is it about America? Does America's education system just suck? Xavier 87 30654 September 4, 2012 at 9:45 am
Last Post: Faith No More
  Why is America so religious? Xavier 46 15337 December 22, 2011 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  religion should carry a VERY BIG health warning! bozo 12 3476 September 8, 2011 at 9:05 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Only in America Faith No More 25 9218 August 19, 2011 at 9:19 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  'God Bless America' in baseball games Nitsuj 15 6553 November 7, 2010 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Why Atheist and agnostics are misunderstood in America today. Bull Poopie 9 4585 September 3, 2010 at 8:50 pm
Last Post: FadingW