Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Member / Old Skeptic
New Member / Old Skeptic
Hello Everyone!

You can call me 'Guppy' for short. I broke free from the Roman Catholic brainwashing about 5 years ago and am free of the life-wasting nonsense that they punish your intelligent mind with from a very young age. Since my this very young age, I was always skeptical of this b*llsh!t and it made my life difficult especially considering the fact that I was forced to be an alter-boy and go through all the rituals (Communion, etc). But, that's all behind me and I'm here to help anyone get beyond that crap!

Now, while I love the fact that I now have a home with like-minded individuals, I do not consider myself an 'Atheist'. This historically derogatorily & inaccurately used term only perpetuates the negative connotation that the weak & feeble minded hold onto as an explanation / reason for my separation from their fantasy world. How could I ever be without something that never existed in the first place? Can I get a "Ramen"? *Smirk*

Anyways, I have come to the conclusion that this term provides an avenue of connection to sane people and, thus, I am very happy to be here. Thanks for reading my introduction and my, still very much bottled-up, rantSmile

Peace,
Guppy
RE: New Member / Old Skeptic
Hi and welcome to AF! ^_^

You seem like a fun one, good to have you aboard.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Howdy!
Cunt
(October 11, 2012 at 12:04 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: Hi and welcome to AF! ^_^

You seem like a fun one, good to have you aboard.

Thanks! Wink Shades

(October 11, 2012 at 12:09 pm)frankiej Wrote: Howdy!

Howdy back, pawhtna!
Welcome

(October 11, 2012 at 12:01 pm)Guppusmaximus Wrote: I broke free from the Roman Catholic brainwashing about 5 years ago and am free of the life-wasting nonsense that they punish your intelligent mind with from a very young age.

How bad was it? I didn't really get brainwashed too bad; it's not that they didn't try (although I'm sure the bible belt could have done much worse) but I only ever casually believed to begin with. I realized there wasn't a god the moment I realized 'none of the above' was even an option.
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
Gruppenmarxist? a fellow german?
Quote: it made my life difficult especially considering the fact that I was forced to be an alter-boy

We can only hope that you got through that without having your asshole stretched by some horny priest.

Welcome.
(October 11, 2012 at 12:01 pm)Guppusmaximus Wrote: Anyways, I have come to the conclusion that this term provides an avenue of connection to sane people and, thus, I am very happy to be here.

Welcome, and yes we are all normal and we want our freedom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn3hlyCv_...ure=fvwrel
Happy you decided to swim by, Guppy.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
So, how's it been so far? Smile
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new member asswriter 8 231 April 12, 2024 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Member Photos Tiberius 20280 4449488 April 11, 2024 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  New member MistMuse 7 277 April 2, 2024 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New member Jillybean 19 608 March 4, 2024 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member titanif 8 872 October 10, 2023 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  [Serious] Hi. Previous member here. I'm so sorry. Steelfist 2 657 September 21, 2023 at 5:00 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member PaulC 13 1370 August 13, 2023 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  New member Dansup 9 1196 April 1, 2023 at 3:44 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  long time atheist, new member BloodyHeartland 17 2074 February 6, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New Member johndoe122931 21 2646 June 2, 2021 at 7:06 am
Last Post: no one