Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blind man Tasered
Blind man Tasered
Quote:A police force has apologised after an officer used a Taser on a blind man whose white stick was mistaken for a sword.

Quote:Mr Farmer was taken to hospital for treatment and later discharged.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lan...e-19979184
RE: Blind man Tasered
This is wrong, but I'll say it anyway: At least this isn't only a problem in the US.
(October 19, 2012 at 1:58 pm)festive1 Wrote: This is wrong, but I'll say it anyway: At least this isn't only a problem in the US.

Yes, if we aren't able to do any better it is some comfort to see the rest of the world equally is equally misguided or incompetent.
Woohoo! A point for solidarity!
The first thing that came to mind when I read the title of this thread was 'at least they didn't shoot him!'
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Quote:an officer used a Taser on a blind man whose white stick was mistaken for a sword.

Are we absolutely certain of which one was blind here?
I just want to know what machinery the hospital had to discharge him
The police are fucking cowards and bullies the whole world over. It's a job for people who like to boss others around. 90% of police are worthless and have never stopped a crime in their life. They harass people for no reason, and when you need them they don't do shit. I have no respect for the occupation, and their taser fetish is disturbing.
Don't taze me, who?
[Image: generic_sig.jpg]
Mistakes can happen. I'm sure they have apologized to the man. However it's not to say that any blind man with a cane is someone that is harmless, yes?
[Image: zatoichi.jpg]
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you find Blind Patriotism scary NuclearEnergy 40 4252 March 14, 2017 at 10:51 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Even A Blind Pig Picks Up An Acorn Now And Then Minimalist 3 971 April 7, 2014 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin